Yaroslav Melnyk, "Masha, or the Fourth Reich"

So since this is technically an alternate history novel (and about Germany winning WW2, nonetheless!), I suppose I should write something about it here.

So, basically, Yaroslav Melnyk (Jaroslavas Melnikas in Lithuanian) is the closest equivalent to a Lithuanian, and I suppose Ukrainian as well, Orwell. He writes about dystopian settings, analyzes overarching human qualities and questions, so on and so forth. He's a very accomplished writer, people in both of our countries are proud of him even though he has mostly stayed a local hit so far, and he is held in high regard.

A few years ago, he published a novel called "Masha, or the Fourth Reich" (originally called "Masha, or Post-Fascism"), and I decided to talk about it because it's one of the weirdest descriptions of a Nazi victory world I've seen.

So, basically, the Nazis won WW2 without any detail into how, and they put their plan for the East to full swing. The novel is set after a few hundred, maybe even thousand years after the World Wars, and after centuries of selective breeding, eradicating any individuals with above average intelligence and various types of engineering, the Slavs have been turned into mindless farm animals, similar to humans, but unable to talk, left in conditions similar to cattle - called stors. The inhabitants of the Reich - which has devolved back into a feudal village based society, for some reason - use them for meat, as draft animals and in other uses you'd expect farm animals to be in.

The main character, Dima, is a journalist for a local newspaper, and falls in love with a she-stor, named Masha. Eventually, through the trappings of love, he starts to separate himself from the horrible crimes of his ancestors, and Melnyk writes (poorly) about a moral dilemma over whether or not the stors are people and should they be treated as such.

I won't get into detail about my opinion on the book itself here, but do you guys find any interest in what I just detailed for you?