X4 Color Scheme

Alright, finally happy with Japan. Hope y'all enjoy it!

X4 Japan.png

Last edited:
When’s that new Britain section coming?
Don't know. I just sort of work on random sections at random times. The British overhaul question I asked a couple of weeks ago actually came about while contemplating an overhaul to France, which contains Normandy, Anjou and Blois (all foreign houses that ruled England). At the moment I'm working on the Caribbean nations and looking into finishing up Southeast Asia, which I sort of abandoned after Burma.

Cleaned up the Et Cetera area. Pretty much all of it was made by @Ashtagon for her unpublished X3 additions, so super duper major shout out to her and her hard work. Decided to go ahead and publish it now because I'm kind of sick of seeing QBAMs with dark blue coastlines and neon-shaded elevations.

X4 et cetera.png

Just checking in to see how things are going…
Slow. I have a lot of things going on. Moving apartments, love life, my 3DO twitch streams. Like I said earlier, the X4 is sort of the backburner of my multiplicity of projects. It's why the time between posts here can be several months. Another thing slowing down progress is that the X4 is a time-consuming project that involves a lot of research and expert usage of excel and a fair amount of knowledge of color theory. I have to plan in advance to spend anywhere from an entire day to nearly a week on a single section. It's one of the reason's Ashtagon passed on the project to me, and is also why I've been focusing on updating previously completed sections rather than making very many new sextions. But, unless I die, progress on the X4 won't die. It's just gonna be slow. I mean, just look at the data sets that I deal with that you, the audience, do not see:
X4 tech sneak.png

qazse

Gone Fishin'
Slow. I have a lot of things going on. Moving apartments, love life, my 3DO twitch streams. Like I said earlier, the X4 is sort of the backburner of my multiplicity of projects. It's why the time between posts here can be several months. Another thing slowing down progress is that the X4 is a time-consuming project that involves a lot of research and expert usage of excel and a fair amount of knowledge of color theory. I have to plan in advance to spend anywhere from an entire day to nearly a week on a single section. It's one of the reason's Ashtagon passed on the project to me, and is also why I've been focusing on updating previously completed sections rather than making very many new sextions. But, unless I die, progress on the X4 won't die. It's just gonna be slow. I mean, just look at the data sets that I deal with that you, the audience, do not see:View attachment 775604
Ah, I see.

Updated the main map structure to include all the fun things that people seem to love, like canals, dried lakes and coral reefs.

X4 Map Structures.png

Another entry into my sub-series of expanding the X4 beyond reason. This time did Scandinavia. Got plenty of Sámi colors in there, to satisfy my kin. Not sure how well I like the blue-green to green scale moving from south to north in Norway, but I've spent far too long on this region as is.

X4 Scandinavia.png

A lot of those... aren't exactly Anglo-Saxons. Might want to change the heading on that.
Ah, that's just the original label. That'll be changed in the post-WIP. Nice to see you around here, though! I'd almost thought you'd forgotten about me! XD

Redid borders. Was tired of seeing gold randomly used for French cantons in every map ever. Not big on the pink for native lands, either (I'd been using gold for those in my own maps). There is a good sense of balance with this method as well.
X4 political borders.png