World War Z: Filling In The Gaps

• Thread starter Deleted member 87099
  • Start date
In the book, Max had many reporters die of during the panic either during the fall of the Celebrity Bunker on Long Island or during the rout at Yonkers.

Her fate depends on who Max had in mind while writing that scene.

Well, it was someone who broke out the story and the only ones who have any bad words of her are Breck Scott and Carlson. Maybe she is alive but decline an interview, or she died and many consider her not a bad person. I wonder why we don't even have a name.

Well, it was someone who broke out the story and the only ones who have any bad words of her are Breck Scott and Carlson. Maybe she is alive but decline an interview, or she died and many consider her not a bad person. I wonder why we don't even have a name.

It may be a major reporter from OTL, but like the others he won't name names. However shed either be a journalistic hero or hated,miso she may not want to be in public.

In the book, Max had many reporters die of during the panic either during the fall of the Celebrity Bunker on Long Island or during the rout at Yonkers.

Her fate depends on who Max had in mind while writing that scene.

During the interview with Breck Scott, Scott refers to her in the first person, "she's the one who should be shot", IIRC. So that indicates the reporter survived.

As for her identity, consider that Grover Carlson states outright that the major news outlets were censoring their own reporters to avoid a panic that would send their stock tumbling. It's possible that the reporter isn't a major name, since they were apparently under scrutiny. She would possibly be a rookie, or someone with a small, independent paper. Really, she could be anybody, and I think that was Brooks' point. Aside from Colin Powell, none of the real 'heroes' of WWZ were anyone special before the war. they were ordinary folk who found the courage to step up.

It's mentioned towards the end that the President after "The Whacko" is a she. Probably Hillary Clinton.

So we're looking at:

Mitt Romney(?) - Dies during retreat to Rockies
Colin Powell - Dies on the eve of victory
Howard Dean - Declares Victory
Hillary Clinton

Deleted member 87099

It's mentioned towards the end that the President after "The Whacko" is a she. Probably Hillary Clinton.

So we're looking at:

Hillary Clinton

Makes sense but do you know where or how it was mentioned?

So we're looking at:

Hillary Clinton

I still think its funny the Powell chose Dean as VP. Different world I guess. Though since the book was written well before 2008, he could've meant Condi Rice also.

Makes sense but do you know where or how it was mentioned?

During the interviews with Sinclair and Micheal Choi both make offhand mentions of a woman as president.

Choi mentions the current president was Secretary of State (I think) during the Crisis, and it's noted it was a "she".

Sinclair mentions that she asked him to be a money cop after the war.

Given the bipartisan cabinet during the war, Clinton is a safe bet.

Deleted member 87099

Page 337 for me:

"When the President asked me to step back into my role as SEC I practically kissed her on the spot,"

It's not much. But I think its enough to confirm that its a women after the Whako.

Ok.:).....................

Can someone make a list of presidents along with years? Or include the presidencies in with the original events?

Since I don't know how long each person was president, I don't know whether we're talking 2016 or 2032, and that makes a big difference about whether Clinton could be president.

The president after The Whacko was a woman, and the current president during the interviews is a woman, but do we have any reason to believe they're the same person?

Can someone make a list of presidents along with years? Or include the presidencies in with the original events?

Since I don't know how long each person was president, I don't know whether we're talking 2016 or 2032, and that makes a big difference about whether Clinton could be president.

The president after The Whacko was a woman, and the current president during the interviews is a woman, but do we have any reason to believe they're the same person?

Given that the book was written when it was, it could just as likely be Condi Rice. Clinton could be it too, but it's not quite enough to confirm. May even be Collins, since she would fit the Centrist model.

Hillary would be in her 80s by the end of the war and it would've caught up to her.

Maybe the post war POTUS is a woman who was born and raised in the safe zone.

Maybe the post war POTUS is a woman who was born and raised in the safe zone.

Its not that long though, its like 10 years.

I suspect that what AK47Productions meant was that the POTUS is someone who was born and raised in the area that later became the safe zone.

Is this the kind of timeline the group has in mind for the presidents?

2001-2009 GW Bush, who is criticized for his wars

2009-2015 An older male Republican. He goes into shock soon after the Battle of Yonkers is a failure.

2015-2024: Colin Powell who takes over for his predecesor, institutes the Redeker Plan, and his hailed as a hero. He dies when the Road to New York is underway but before Victory in America Day.

2024-2025: Howard Dean who finishes the war following Powell's plans. He's unpopular for reasons I don't remember.

2025-2033: Female. Former Secretary of State. President at the time of the book's publication

Given that the book was written when it was, it could just as likely be Condi Rice. Clinton could be it too, but it's not quite enough to confirm. May even be Collins, since she would fit the Centrist model.

Rice would be in her mid/late 70s.

Possible, but in a similar boat to Clinton.

I suspect that what AK47Productions meant was that the POTUS is someone who was born and raised in the area that later became the safe zone.

2009-2015 An older male Republican. He goes into shock soon after the Battle of Yonkers is a failure.

2015-2024: Colin Powell who takes over for his predecesor, institutes the Redeker Plan, and his hailed as a hero. He dies when the Road to New York is underway but before Victory in America Day.

2024-2025: Howard Dean who finishes the war following Powell's plans. He's unpopular for reasons I don't remember.

2025-2033: Female. Former Secretary of State. President at the time of the book's publication

How about Fred Thompson? He's old enough and was considered a strong contender.

I don't think that the Whacko is unpopular. He's just seen as a president who cannot match the greatness of Powell.

Also, I don't think that Yonkers was in 2015. It was probably in 2012 or something like that.

This Republican president after Dubya needs to be very weak so that he can be puppetted by his chiefs of staff and corporations. I have no idea who.

I don't think that the Whacko is unpopular. He's just seen as a president who cannot match the greatness of Powell.

Basically Clement Altee?

Anyway I'm guessing in the election that the Whacko wanted to prospone, given the bipartisan structure of the crisis government, Powell would've been nominated by both parties. His only opposition would've been some random Whackjob, Ralph Nadar anyone?

Basically Clement Altee?

Or maybe Truman. But yeah, he's that kind of figure.

Anyway I'm guessing in the election that the Whacko wanted to prospone, given the bipartisan structure of the crisis government, Powell would've been nominated by both parties. His only opposition would've been some random Whackjob, Ralph Nadar anyone?

Nader's no whackjob. I would say that it's someone in some sort of "wait for the zombies to rot" party. Some member of the fringe left, probably.

Or maybe Truman. But yeah, he's that kind of figure.

Nader's no whackjob. I would say that it's someone in some sort of "wait for the zombies to rot" party. Some member of the fringe left, probably.

Whackjob was a joke, more then the Whacko.

But Nader is left-y enough to make a run, at the very least for show. Either that or Pat Buchanan.