WIP Map Thread

greatervenezuela_by_kitfisto1997-dc63mwp.png
I am intrigued

New Game, Old Players WIP #2
So, a few updates on my previous WIP. I have done a bit of work intermittently along the week, though progress has been minimal. I've settled with a main idea: this map, as the name reflects is one where despite having taken a detour and changes, remains a mirror, or a shadow of OTL. The POD is at the Battle of Passley, as the pixel art attached below shows (I've dropped the lazy use of national flags and replaced them with the pixel art style I adopted from Toixstory earlier last year).

As such, I've gone and reworked the Middle East. The Middle East of the old map had the greatest difference from OTL being a unified Arab state from Baghdad to Yemen, one that likely dominates the Middle East to a massive degree, unlike the tenuous hold Riyadh has IMO. Here, the Saudis are replaced by the Hashemites, while Iran is in a much stronger position, reflecting her current dominance of the Middle East.
Mid East.png
Passley.png

ST15RM

Banned
@Xianfeng Emperor Im just sayin, but there is no way the Swedes want or could feasibly hold on to Siberia or Central Asia. I don’t think they would even want all that land. I think that this Swedish empire would actually control at most to the Urals. The rest would be lots of independent khanates or other countries.

Isaac Beach

Banned
Redoing my very first map, piece by piece. Unsure how to divvy up the Mashriq, putting the Syrian-Arabian border on the Euphrates is kinda ugly on the Arab side due to how it interacts with the Jordanian border. Otherwise, really like what I have so far.

Moar Rivers.png

RRNaVEA.png

This is a very early-stage WiP of my entry for MotF 173. It's probably the SVG map with the earliest POD I've ever used.

Last edited:
Seeing as this is the WIP thread I guess I should put this here. Behold, the world of my pre-war Fallout timeline Confronting the Crisis in 2051! Well, it will be when it is done at any rate. Still toying with some things, and have other details to add.
Fallout Confronting the Crisis 2051.png

Trump=Mao.png

I won't be providing any context for this right now, you'll get that when I post it on the map thread.

I'm afraid I must ask for assistance: I've been trying to put the text in with Photoshop, but unfortunately whenever I attempt to enter it at the size I need it either blurs beyond recognition or simply reverts to the smallest default size. Thus, I've been reduced to copy-pasting in the text letter by letter, hence why the text is not complete. Would anybody be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

IdealWorldMapWorldA.png

After taking a peek at @HowAboutThisForAName's WIP the Map Thread, I've decided to do an 'Ideal World' map. I might do a follow-up on this based on my short stint as a SocDem.

What's been added so far...
  • Very T H I C C socially TradCon, but economically Libertarian Qing China that pulled a Meiji in the late 18th century. It's currently under a female Empress and holds most of Asia under it's thumb after a less-than-glorious imperial exit by the Europeans. Has a big Jewish population near the OTL Autonomous Oblast and in Vladivostok*.
  • Socially progressive Hashemite Arabia, rich as fuck from oil shekels and has made peace with the Christian and Jewish minorities.
  • Iran is the rival to the Hashemites and is the Saudi Arabia ITTL. Combine OTL Iran with the corruption, decadence and terrorism-funding of the Saudis, but as a trade-off, they're mostly a headache for the Chinese and Central Asian states.
  • South Africa has more of a European and Indian-descended population than OTL. The Boer states are politically moderate, pluralistic places that are known for their springbok curry and Greek diaspora. Think of the Drakan aesthetic without the authoritarianism.
  • The Ottoman Empire gets gang-raped by the European powers in the late 19th century, it's now under a radically secular Kemalist* government. Hates every other nation that borders them.
  • Greater Armenia STRONK! :)
  • Constantinople and other major port cities have been granted pseudo-independence as 'International Free Ports' wherein tariffs and other trade restrictions are completely non-existent.
  • Afghanistan is scared of Iranian meddling, but it still remains a nice place to go on holiday.
What will be added
  • A failed attempt at a European Federation in the 1980's has ended in a shattered Europe. Various competing economic/military blocs have been founded, ranging from 'Club Med' to the 'Reykjavik Pact'.
  • The Hapsburgers still rule a rump Austria. They're very Catholic and want nothing to do with that damned EuroFed project.
  • Germany is never going to be stitched back together again. Plenty of Germans have fled to South-West Africa and beyond to escape the destitution. France is also facing similar issues, with the rump northern half being a military junta.
  • The British escaped the EuroFed issue almost unscathed and has since federated with what remains of their Empire.
  • Biafra, Rio Grande, West Guinea and Rhodesia are THE places to be if you want to hire some mercenaries.
  • *Insert other assorted cyberpunk/80s tropes here*

Last edited:
Very T H I C C socially TradCon, but economically Libertarian Qing China that pulled a Meiji in the late 18th century. It's currently under a female Empress and holds most of Asia under it's thumb after a less-than-glorious imperial exit by the Europeans. Has a big Jewish population near the OTL Autonomous Oblast and in Vladivostok*.
AHHH yessssssss.

May I recommend divvying up Manchuria into provinces as well as increasing province count for coastal area in general?