WIP Map Thread

Nuclear war, destroying the Northeast, Midwest, and Upland South?
Lemme explain.

So it's 1979, and a still alive-and-kicking Jake Featherston (having stayed out of TTL's WW2) is on his way to London to secure a deal when his plane gets shot down by a US surface to air missile. Thoroughly enraged, the CSA goes nuclear on the US along with Britain, with Japan going gonzo on the CS and Germany attempting yet another mass land grab. Tears and global thermonuclear war ensue.

Very much a WIP
Can you guess whats going on (apart of America where, as always, nothing change)
000 Bwbye.png

Last edited:
Red Revolution in Central and Eastern Europe.
Yes
Also Russian supremacy in Persia, Central Asia, and China (also Mongolia).
Yes, or at least, I wouldn´t disagree
I have no idea what the hell is happening in Turkey, Middle East and North Africa
Turkey was taken by revolution also, North Africa is dominated by islamic revolutionaries and Middle East... well, thats some special (due to certain ruins founded deep in desert...)

Fantasy map named after the Hobbit movies character. Had to make it a jpeg in order to upload it.

Attachments

• sdfvvccc.jpg
    sdfvvccc.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 155
View attachment 716674
Not sure what I want to do with eastern Indonesia, east of Borneo and Bali and west of New Guinea. Any ideas?
Lombok and Sumbawa should be one country. Sumba and Savu another, then Flores and the islands west of Wetar should be a country. Wetar-Timor-Roti and points east to Aru should be an additional country. Leave the dark green islands more or less as you have them.

View attachment 714515
a small WIP cover for one ancient Russian timeline. Something about Japan, something about the Sassanids.

Really love the style and the colour to bits. If I could nitpick, Tibet North of the Yarlung River probably couldn't host polities as we know them~

Is this some kind of Turkic conquest/supplanting of the Sassanids?
Maybe but why dont you try something to the north-west per this otl map by @Admiral A. Kolchak

1592428969898.png

Fun visual design with all the arrows, but why do the Angles and Saxons go to Ireland if it was never Roman?
From what I've been getting so far from online searching, apparently the Anglo-Saxons were invited by Romanized British tribes after the Romans left during the Migration Period, as they were getting raided and needed assistance from the Anglo-Saxons.

There was supposedly also the problem of climate change that ravaged their lands back over in Denmark/northern Germany.

I still don't agree, as flooding may force them to flee Denmark anyways. However, Anglo-Saxon influence may be limited to eastern Ireland and some of the smaller isles.

85-CECA49-5-C88-424-E-9329-52-E18-A7-F51-B7.png

WIP for No Land to Rise or Set On — the Germanic migrations in a world where Great Britain (the island) hasn't existed for 1 million years.
Thank you for deleting england

On the other hand, would ireland be unpopulated similarly to iceland around this time since the proximity to any significant landmass is too great for any real sea travel of this time?

On the other hand, would ireland be unpopulated similarly to iceland around this time since the proximity to any significant landmass is too great for any real sea travel of this time?
I imagine it'd have a somewhat smaller population by this time compared to OTL.

The Celts manage to get to Ireland, but their tribes are heavily intermixed with another large minority: the pre-Indo-European peoples who lived on the island since the sinking of Doggerland.

The first major non-Celtic influence on the inhabitants or Ireland wouldn't be until the Anglo-Saxons, who would flee to the island due to flooding in their homeland instead of being invited by British settlers after suffering from numerous raids and instability following the collapse of Roman rule.

The Basques get there first. They're going to rush for the New World, I think.

The Basques get there first. They're going to rush for the New World, I think.
Depends on the theory you choose to accept for their origin. I'm going with the mainstream one that says the Basques originated in southern France and northern Iberia without any relation to other languages.

On the other hand, here's a plan for the distribution of kingdoms in 600 CE:
42-F43-EBF-071-C-4155-9-DFB-CD7-D3-EB6-F2-CA.png

This won't be the actual map itself, just a mockup for the final one.

Some notes:
  • The Isle of Wight or Anglesey as a possible Roman refuge that lasts to the present day?
  • Brittany became Celtic after Celts fled to it following the Anglo-Saxon invasions of Britain. The Anglo-Saxons don't succeed that much in Ireland here, so I think that one could be removed.
  • The Kingdom of Soissons (under Syagrius) acted as the last vestige of the Western Roman Empire in France; perhaps it could be the origin of the Roman refuge mentioned above?
  • In 600 AD, Francia was split into 3 main parts: Neustria (the west, within the territory of the former Kingdom of Soissons), Austrasia (the east), and Burgundy (the southeast). It may still happen here, following the same names as OTL — the cause of the split being the death of Clovis I, who unified all the Franks.
  • Normandy here is controlled by the Angles, who would also control Brittany in this timeline.

Last edited: