WIP Map Thread

ww1 everybody loses.png

No one won the war to end all wars

I recognize the large Sweden (which I'm a big fan of), and what looks like the Golden Circle in the Americas.

Here's a hint: The Mega-merica isn't really necessary, especially since they aren't one of the two main world superpowers. And it's not the Golden Circle, it's based on the American Technocrats' irredentist claims.

ST15RM

Banned
Here's a hint: The Mega-merica isn't really necessary, especially since they aren't one of the two main world superpowers. And it's not the Golden Circle, it's based on the American Technocrats' irredentist claims.
Ohh, yeah! That color scheme for America is like the Technocrat's map too.

Ottoman victory in Vienna I assume?
I'm not going to pretend that TTL is at all that thought out, but yeah, more or less. Specifically, the siege was won due to critical information delivered by a time-travelling Turkish university student, who would go on to engineer a palace coup in 1543, overthrowing the House of Osman and laying the foundations for the present Empire of the White Sea, which is 1) rather unsubtley wanked, thanks to that same time-traveller and 2) by the time of the map (1960), a secular, constitutional, and aggressively multicultural monarchy under the House of Güleryuz (zero points to whomever guesses which previously-mentioned person they're descended from).

Some more progress.

I love the way you keep playing with this idea and it seems to be getting increasingly divergent. A little while back I was thinking of doing a multi-cover: a "best of" your four previous maps, so to speak - but then I said to myself: "naah. He'll have a new one before long." :biggrin:

Working on a ridiculous Portugal and Spain divide the world based on the Treaty of Tordesillas.

Tordesillas-wank? I like that idea!

the Americas

An abomination indeed. :p

Union of BenedictWIP.png

WIP based on the map @Skallagrim posted on the main map thread, ableit with my own twists.
Notes:
  • EuroArabia (Caliphate of Paris) are pretty decent all considered. Basically what if France from Submission, but as the good guys. Have trouble with angry Christian radicals sponsored by the Union of Saint Benedict, but all things considered are pretty decent all around.
  • They also lead the alliance of various Islamic factions, from the New Afrika in the American South to Turkey and Egypt.
  • China + Brazil + Ethiopia + ?? Axis of authoritarian capitalist powers.
  • USA fell into isolationism but eventually federated with Canada with parts of Mexico in association?? Have a small group of allies, including Japan, Scotland, Iceland, and the Nordics. Nordics are also allied with the Union of Saint Benedict, which tends to cause trouble.
  • Union of Saint Benedict revanchist group who want to take Europe back so to say. While rather wealthy considering they did not suffer from the strife that befell western Europe, they are basterds overall. Poland and Ukraine are the big heads of the group.
  • Russia split between Chinese reclaimed Manchuria, National Coalition of Salvation gradually unifying Russia, and OMSK, who will prove to be a problem.

Skallagrim

Banned
Awesome, @MrL567! It's nice to see you put a cool spin on this concept. Oh, it'll be so much fun to see how you fill in parts of the world that I said nothing about. :extremelyhappy: And the altered coastlines already provide more realism than I did, of course!

View attachment 420268
  • EuroArabia (Caliphate of Paris) are pretty decent all considered. Basically what if France from Submission, but as the good guys. Have trouble with angry Christian radicals sponsored by the Union of Saint Benedict, but all things considered are pretty decent all around.
  • They also lead the alliance of various Islamic factions, from the New Afrika in the American South to Turkey and Egypt.
ngl, I had a similar idea for a map bouncing around - a Eurabia that's, like, a good place to live in and all peaceful and stuff, with a white ethnostate in the Americas that was a hell on earth. fun times

I love the way you keep playing with this idea and it seems to be getting increasingly divergent. A little while back I was thinking of doing a multi-cover: a "best of" your four previous maps, so to speak - but then I said to myself: "naah. He'll have a new one before long." :biggrin:

Bruce, that means so much coming from you. Might sound odd, but you were the reason I started making MS Paint maps to begin with - your style is simplistic, but exactly what I look for in AH maps, so I thank you for your comment. :)

Need some feedback on this planet's geography before I chisel the east. This is the northern hemisphere. Planet is 1.3x larger than earth and has slightly lower tectonic activity.

Mo6xmBk.png