WIP Map Thread

Free France First Draft.png

Coming Soon (TM). I have finally decided to try a new style of mapping.

Looks great! What is the program you used?
Paint.net, and many hours of tracing lines. My main change is stopping from just taking maps like Worlda or M-BAM, and finding an original base map (in this case, I found this beautiful map [edit: apparently I can't post a direct link from my phone] in the David Rumsey collection which was suggested in that tutorial that was posted in the Map Thread) which allows for more high-quality images.

Nearly done. Just need to box the islands and add a key, and do a few border adjustments here and there.

For South America, I decided to chop it up somewhat rather than just having a few big states (aside from the obvious one). The one big state is an ex-Saxon federal republic, and still a slaver nation even in 1885-1890. Think of it as a German-speaking CSA. Pretty nasty, but also pretty powerful and scary. Around it we have an Andean state that is basically a Christianised Tawantinsuyu, a highly religious state in OTL Colombia, a *French* state in the Amazon (orbited by various freedmen/native/mixed race states in the Amazon interior), and the world's first and only *communist* nation in OTL Panama, which is actually a republic started by *Caribbean* pirates.

On the east coast, there are a group of small states of varying ethnicities. I haven't given too much thought to those, but in my head I'm seeing *French*, *Danish* (just for fun), *Portuguese*, and *French* again. There were no neat Papal decrees to divide the new world ITTL, so things were a bit more chaotic.

upload_2018-11-15_7-17-55.png

ancients-can-into-space feat. macedon screw, rome screw, greece screw/achaemenid wank? but yeah idk how im going to show it but each cradle of civilisation is going top have a space elevator with a cool thematic name like heaven's something or other for china. Unlike my last post in this thread this map actually has lore behind it and wasn't just made to look pretty so i might actually finish it... maybe
upload_2018-11-15_13-36-52.png

Iqb2rQ6.png

A little something I'm working on. Crimea is a fascinating place, and it's been about 2 1/2 years since I did a map for the region.

EDIT: Updated it a bit more ^^

Last edited:
N0Im8fs.png

Making good progress ^^ All rivers done, about half of the cities done... And I found a nice fraktur font to use.

PS: I removed the response to Xianfeng Emperor to avoid a double post.