Wild animals NOT in their natural habitat

Perhaps if wisent (European bison) is wiped out completly (it was close, as modern wisents are descendants of just 15 animals) then American bison is brought to Europe as replacement? Or other way around-wisent is introduced to America to replace excint American bison?

Llamas in the mountainous regions of Europe? Alps, Pyrenees, Haemus, etc.

One possibility that fascinates me would be elephants being introduced in the Americas. How would they fare, specially in savannah-like climates such as the Cerrado and the North-American midwest?
The Midwest is cold for elephants. Anywhere that you could call "the Midwest" with a straight face is cold, miserable, and often snowy for months in the winter.

There's an elephant sanctuary in Tennessee, though, and they do very well with heated barns in the winter (both African and Indian). I don't know how well the Africans will do, but Indian elephants should do just fine throughout the kinda-lower Mississippi (not the delta region, but stretches above it), and maybe much of the South along the Atlantic coast as well. African elephants might do well in southern California - at least before mass settlement. Indian elephants could notionally prosper in much of the rain forest in Central and South America, and Africans in the Pampas and Brazilian cedrado, and maybe the Venezuelan llanos.

I could see extensive introduction of llamas to North America, Australia, New Zealand, parts of Africa, etc. as part of various gold rushes.

Camels in the American Southwest and Mexico.

I wonder if we couldn't see coyotes introduced to England as a sport animal in the 18th century. Once coyotes got introduced anywhere in Europe I'm sure they'd spread like wildfire.

I'd love to see kangaroos in North America, though I'm not sure why they'd be introduced - a failed ranching initiative like with the emus?

People like to talk about how there are so many tigers in captivity in Texas - if they got loose and some of them managed to make their way south, I bet they could establish viable populations in Central America. Because the Darien Gap wasn't already impassible enough.

Atlantic salmon are being increasingly farmed in the US Pacific Northwest; as far as I'm aware, none have escaped yet, but it could happen.

I just recently found something interesting. In the early 20th century, there was a proposal in congress to fund $250,000, in importing hippos from Africa to Louisiana, for meat and to combat an invasive plant species.

It sounds like a stupid plan (which is was), but I’m wondering how disastrous it would be

Snow leopard in the artic region and polar bears in the alpine areas of Europe and mountains of central asia ?

how about- they american minks in australia not foxes, to gain not only fur, but to keep rodent pops down
how about- the dingoes are taken to places like new caledonia, figi and other regions bye polynesians

how about- the dingoes are taken to places like new caledonia, figi and other regions bye polynesians
Dingoes are distantly related to Polynesian dogs. I'd imagine they'd probably be considered a nuisance since they aren't tame like Polynesian dogs so would be hunted and eaten to local extinction.

I just recently found something interesting. In the early 20th century, there was a proposal in congress to fund $250,000, in importing hippos from Africa to Louisiana, for meat and to combat an invasive plant species.

It sounds like a stupid plan (which is was), but I’m wondering how disastrous it would be
Houston Hippos ! wonder what the mascot will look like

Last edited:
Snow leopard in the artic region and polar bears in the alpine areas of Europe and mountains of central asia ?
Snow leopards are strongly adapted to live almost exclusively in very mountainois terrain and polar bears almost exclusively in polar regions, I'd expect both to do extremely poorly when moved to anywhere other than these regions, Infact polar bears moving south tend to hybridize themselves into non existence mating with brown bears

Last edited:
Snow leopards are strongly adapted to live almost exclusively in very mountainois terrain and polar bears almost exclusively in polar regions, I'd expect both to do extremely poorly when moved to anywhere other than these regions, Infact polar bears moving south tend to hybridize themselves into non existence mating with brown bears
snow leopards in Alps and snowy mountains of scandanavia ?

WI Tigers were introduced in Africa ? How will it do competing with Hyenas , leopards and Lions ?

Other than Sher Khan comes back as a super-villian to help Scar against Simba

They might kill of the population of Lynx as they will compete with them
Doubtful Lynx are more adaptable and mostly occupy a different niche, they wouldn't compete alot.
Tigers face too much direct competition with Lions but lack the social structure but Tigers would do quite well in the Equatorial rainforests.

What if some shipment of mountain lions (let's say about 3 males and 17 females) get lost in the alps on their way into vienna to be placed in a zoo, then them growing into a local population of mountain lions in the Alps and eventually elsewhere in europe, how would europeans cope with a potential infestation of big cats?

What if some shipment of mountain lions (let's say about 3 males and 17 females) get lost in the alps on their way into vienna to be placed in a zoo, then them growing into a local population of mountain lions in the Alps and eventually elsewhere in europe, how would europeans cope with a potential infestation of big cats?
hunting trips by Hapsburg

Could emus, ostriches, and greater rheas all live in the same area somewhere?
Would make for an interesting place.

Let's talk Florida
There was a troop of monkeys at escaped and made its home in the Everglades there were recently rounded up because fish and Game realized what trouble they could become.
Then there are those annoying snails that eat the paint off people's houses
that's not forget people's pet pythons that have escaped or will let loose into the Everglades and made themselves right at home
Florida also had a scare recently, some Hunter killed a pair of juvenile Nile crocodiles
Florida fish and Game went ape shit when they saw those things, they scoured the Everglades and thankfully they couldn't find any more they traced it and it looks like those were the only two that were released there. So we hope
I think hippopotamus would be able to survive in the Everglades if someone were to introduce them
i've had an idea for my ASB ATL that, like IOTL, the Everglades end up riddled with invasive species, but slightly differently than IOTL with the end result being that its ecosystem becomes a cross of the Amazon and the Nile, particularly that Nile crocodiles and piranhas are introduced to it but the infamous Burmese pythons aren't

i also had the idea that, as invasive species get worse and worse, there's a conservation hunting movement where invasive species are okayed for seasonal or maybe even year-round hunting in an effort to stop them and, specifically, this could be demonstrated in a narrative project where a British sport hunter goes for that and particularly has a wallaby-skin rug by his fireplace, etc. (wallabies being an invasive species in Britain both IOTL and ITTL)