In 1976, Air France Flight 139 was hijacked by German and Palestinian terrorists and forced to land at Uganda's Entebbe International Airport. When the plane landed, the hostages found to their dismay that the Ugandan government supported the hijackers, and dictator Idi Amin had been informed of the hijacking from the beginning. The hijackers demanded the release of 53 Palestinian and pro-Palestinian militants in exchange for the safety of the hostages. The Israel Defense Forces responded with a daring rescue mission. While the operation was a success, one of the unit commanders was killed. His name was Yonatan Netanyahu, and he was already described as a "living legend" at the time of his death.

What if Netanyahu had survived?

I had a TL with that POD planned out but then i saw that there arnet Israel based scenarios allowed (maybe for the best i guess)

Ah wait i checked again it sais "no current Israel related issues"

Anyway he would probably comand the IDF eventually and perhaps become PM (at least in my TL)

Last edited:
According to Max Hastings Biography he was always an extremely reluctant soldier, which I know sounds strange.

He kept trying to slip back into academia, but circumstances prevailed on him.