WI: Ultra Presidents

Archangel Michael said:
And more people voted against Bush than any other president, so it's a two-way street.

definitly. I'm a Republican (a moderate one) and i dislike Bush, but we didn't have much choice

Archangel Michael said:
This could easily descend into a dictatorship. The President passes a bill making him President for Life.

But would we elect an offcial like that. I wonder if they would have to give a President a person who woulld act like a lobbyist?

The problem is that we would NOT know in advance if someone had desires to make himself President-for-Life. A national crisis may be construed in order to make it seem necessary that elections be suspended.

true. i blame thande for having the Presidents possibly turning evil. although Dictator Guliani sounds pretty good.

Wendell said:
George W. Bush who won more popular votes than any U.S. President ever

With the US pop steadily growing, we'll see a lot more POTUSes in the future who "won more popular votes than any U.S. President ever".

I don´t think it will necessarily become a dictatorship. To get a dictator taking over a democracy you need more than a really powerful presidential seat, you´d need a social crisis. F.x. in such a scenario, maybe Abe Lincoln could´ve pulled something like that off, but he just wouldn´t do it. (Not Abe...)

So, yeah it´s likelier, but not inevitable.

If somebody like our current president was in charge, it wouldn't be a surprise if a bill was passed making it a crime to criticize the president.