Assume that the Indo-Greek Kingdom survives, either by having Eucratides not be assassinated (so he can complete his conquest of his rival indo-greek kingdom, ruled by Demetrius) or by giving a stabler succession to Menander/Milinda.
What are the effects on:
The connections between Europe, the Near East, and India?
The spread of buddhism?

Will there be further greek migration into the kingdom? Or must the aristocracy assimilate into the more native populace to survive?

Assume that the Indo-Greek Kingdom survives, either by having Eucratides not be assassinated (so he can complete his conquest of his rival indo-greek kingdom, ruled by Demetrius) or by giving a stabler succession to Menander/Milinda.
I was under the impression that Greco-Bactria as well as Indo-Greek ensemble were less structured and unitary states, than an ensemble of petty-states whom some (as Eucratites') emerged from time to time, establishing personal hegemons?

If it's so, It would be more of a matter on how to stabilize a Greco-Bactrian ensemble in first place, rather than strengthening it, which giving the nature of hellenistic military hegemons (could we compare Eucratides' rulership to Pyrrhos'?)

Personally, I'm not really optimistic about the capacity of Indo-Greeks to hold on Bactria and Sogdiana before Parthians, who really pushed for these, but I could see Eucradites or Eucradites' son managing to pull a mini-Babûr in the Indus, and why not part of Gangetic plain.
Now, I'd rather ask people as @Indicus to give their insight, but I wouldn't see big changes for what matter trade and conections (Parthians still control the western Silk Road, Hellenes still manage to trade with southern India). As for Buddhism, on another hand...

Will there be further greek migration into the kingdom? Or must the aristocracy assimilate into the more native populace to survive?
Probably the latter, as they did IOTL eventually : most of the Hellenic presence (which is not strictly aristorcratic tough) came from the earlier period, and with the rise of Parthia effectively controlling western roads...
Indian (in the sense of Indus) territories eventually held a greater importance in the Greco-Bactrian geopolitics, including culturally, altough one shouldn't dismiss a deeper hellenic influence over native elites as well.

What are the effects on:
The connections between Europe, the Near East, and India?
The spread of buddhism?

As @LSCatilina notes, it wasn't altogether a united polity. I believe Menander had to keep himself from conquering the Shunga Empire in Maghada because he was attacked by a rival Bactrian king. Now, Menander got pretty close to doing conquering Maghada, even raiding Pataliputra, which is quite far down the Ganges. So, conquest is quite possible. However, then we get into the whole affair of the Parthians, and so we really need the Indo-Greeks to conquer some ports for further trade and connections with Europe.

Speaking of which, if they do so, it's quite possible we get trade links as strong as they'd be with the later Romans, with Romans complaining about India taking gold as Pliny did so IOTL, quite a bit earlier than OTL. Buddhism would likely be strengthened, and come along the trade routes, but it may only become a minor, insignificant religion in the diverse Roman state, which may have been OTL as various excavations in Alexandria have actually revealed statues of the Buddha. However, if it is able to collide with the preexisting surge of Neopythagoreanism (which it was actually quite similar), then Buddhism could become a major phenomenon and school of thought - except, Buddhist missionaries would try to convert the poor with their acts of charity, and this brings us to a possibility of Buddhism spreading as a less disruptive form of Christianity. However, this is not the most plausible event at all in this scenario.

What is plausible is more fusion between East and West in India. I could easily see the Indo-European family discovered two thousand years earlier with this scenario. However, even IOTL, there was quite a bit of Western knowledge in India - there is a number of Greek loanwords in Sanskrit, the Indian zodiac is clearly taken from the Hellenic one, the Greek attitude towards barbarians was standard Indian thought until the days of the Delhi Sultanate, the Ptolemaic model makes an appearance in the Aryabhatiya, etc.

I'm not sure if this massive impact could even get any larger. Except for one thing. India's written tradition was not the strongest at this point. The simpler Greek script displacing the Brahmi script is possible, despite all its flaws. Indeed, the Greek script was used by the Bactrians right up until the arrival of Islam even though it failed to represent all of the Bactrian sounds. If that's what happens in India, my oh my, now that's a massive butterfly.

Well, the answer is that it will assimilate. India has done that to invaders, from the Hepthalites to the Turks. But, in all circumstances, those invaders were absorbed, though they all brought elements of their own cultures into India. Just look at the strength of Persianate culture in India. Now, of course Greek culture will absorb much better than Persianate culture, but it will leave a larger imprint on Indian society - and maybe a more obvious one, as well.

Whatever happens, we wouldn't recognize them as really being Greek. Not all of the Hellenic areas back then looked like the Partheon, and their language, customs, dress, etc will evolve. I don't doubt they will also be trampled by Mongols or Muslims at some point, and that, at best, we see a state being revived at some point, though they would not call themselves Greco-Indians or anything like that. Very few states have survived unoccupied in the last two thousand years.

I'm not sure if this massive impact could even get any larger. Except for one thing. India's written tradition was not the strongest at this point. The simpler Greek script displacing the Brahmi script is possible, despite all its flaws. Indeed, the Greek script was used by the Bactrians right up until the arrival of Islam even though it failed to represent all of the Bactrian sounds. If that's what happens in India, my oh my, now that's a massive butterfly.
Iirc the Greek letters were already being modified in the attempt to represent Bactrian. If the state survives this will only be enhanced.

Iirc the Greek letters were already being modified in the attempt to represent Bactrian. If the state survives this will only be enhanced.

The letter sho was invented, but not much else. O's were used to represent sounds like short a to o, Z's were used to represent the z sound as well as the j sound, H's were commonly ignored when it came to writing, B's were used for both B and V, and you get the picture. It was a really bad alphabet, but the Bactrians used it anyways.

But yeah, I could see the Indians incorporate Brahmi letters to represent other sounds, but that's far from a given.

Yeah, trade would likely be the long-term saving grace for Indo-Greek polities. How likely would it be for a quasi-Medieval Italy situation to spring up with a bunch of wealthy city-states competing for trade from Egypt to the Ganges?

The letter sho was invented, but not much else. O's were used to represent sounds like short a to o, Z's were used to represent the z sound as well as the j sound, H's were commonly ignored when it came to writing, B's were used for both B and V, and you get the picture. It was a really bad alphabet, but the Bactrians used it anyways.

But yeah, I could see the Indians incorporate Brahmi letters to represent other sounds, but that's far from a given.
I was thinking less incorporation and more systemising of the current letters, heta used for aspiration, division of betas similar to that in Cyrillic, etc.

I was thinking less incorporation and more systemising of the current letters, heta used for aspiration, division of betas similar to that in Cyrillic, etc.

The distinction to be made here, of course, is that Cyrillic was invented by a Christian missionary named Cyril to be spread along with Christianity to the Slavs. On the other hand, this script would be used broadly by the elites, so it's rather unlikely you'd see entirely new letters being invented.

The distinction to be made here, of course, is that Cyrillic was invented by a Christian missionary named Cyril to be spread along with Christianity to the Slavs. On the other hand, this script would be used broadly by the elites, so it's rather unlikely you'd see entirely new letters being invented.

It would require a level of innovation that wouldn't happen outside of a conscious effort. Religious motivations might work; maybe a significant Buddhist community arises at Taxila and they produce major written works that can be read more efficiently with more letters.

It would require a level of innovation that wouldn't happen outside of a conscious effort. Religious motivations might work; maybe a significant Buddhist community arises at Taxila and they produce major written works that can be read more efficiently with more letters.
I was assuming a court driven systemisation but religious driven ones would help.