WI: Steve Jobs dies on the Challenger

Asami

Banned
According to The Apple Revolution (page 259), Steve Jobs attempted to get into space as a civilian astronaut... on board the Challenger.

What would have happened if NASA had chosen Jobs to go up in the Challenger, instead of Christa McAuliffe? What effects would his death in 1986 have on the fate of Apple in the future, and the computing industry in general?

Apple would probably be out of business by today considering they were in pretty bad shape until Jobs came back.

So, does The Reality Distortion Field work on rocket boosters, and everyone survives? Or does he die and just convince everyone he's still alive?

Asami

Banned
Apple would probably be out of business by today considering they were in pretty bad shape until Jobs came back.

It would also butterfly away NeXT and NeXTSTEP, because he opened that place up after being rejected for NASA and deciding against going to the USSR.

*looks at the old ipod I bought back several years ago*

*remember the outragerous music prices at iTunes*

*looks at the new korean brand music player who capable to play any music files*

*remeber about how I practically blow up my monthly allowance to bought music at iTunes when still at univ*

Steve Jobs die, it will be better for my pocket back at Univ... :D, positives first, the event could lead me having more money to spare for wooing girls, who could lead me to have a girlfriend(s) much earlier (hope my fiancee will never read this :p), which means I am not stuck in this arranged betrothal with this obnoxious girl (hope my parents and her parents will never read this), but think of the negatives, it could end up worse being broken-hearted and peniless because spending too much money for girls like some of my friends already done, who could lead me to get into debt, who could lead me to get into troubles... who could lead me to not getting this cozy job as factory manager... who could make me end up forever alone after being ditched by gold-digger-girls... (at least my fiancee is obnoxious, but she's also the best thing ever happened to me, I really love her despite we're being arranged by parents)

Steve Jobs better stay alive and made those iPODs! :D

How much would the computer world change up until he would have returned to Apple in 1995? Pixar wouldnt make Toy Story atleast.

Dirk_Pitt

Banned

Steve Jobs did not save Apple. Bill Gates buying majority stocks in Apple inc did. The iPod was a contributing factor, but it wasn't the be all end all for Apple.

All it did was give Apple focus after they were saved by Bill Gates.

Steve Jobs may have been an innovator, but he had absolutely zero business sense.

How does this affect his only child at that time "Jobs's first child, Lisa Brennan-Jobs, was born in 1978, the daughter of his longtime partner Chrisann Brennan, a Bay Area painter.[176] For two years, she raised their daughter on welfare while Jobs denied paternity by claiming he was sterile; he later acknowledged Lisa as his daughter.["

Isnt she basically his heir at that point, perhaps also his sister Mona Simpson?

At that point, Mona Simpson was still in hiding under the assumed identity "Muddy Mae Suggins."

fetMMXD.png