WI:Stalin sends all Germans to Siberia and Far East

I didn't say to kill them just move them someplace else. The French send those in their zone to northern Africa the British send them to their colonies in southern Africa. The Americans send them to their pacific colonies, Cuba and PuertoRico.

That's still collective punishment.

Datner

Banned
...but by doing that it shows u are no better then they were...
I doubt Stalin would care. Still he is leaving Germans their state in original borders, not trying to exterminate them like Germany tried to do to others.

Susano

Banned
Yeah, the maps seems to be right. The second, at least, the first I dont know as it relies too heavily on the legend, which, err, I cant read. Though, even on the second its a bit suggestive to have Poland, Pomerania, Bohemia and Moravia all in tones of yellow even while they were seperated, but okay.

As for a Wendish Republic, that will be a practcially unsettled state, considering the Sorbs dont even have any territory where they form the majority, let alone any larger territory. I guess one could resettle Kashubes and Mazurs, but even so, that wouldnt exactly be many people.

Of course, this way Stalin would have had a very weak front state to the Western powers, and for that reason alone I doubt hed do it. Stalin doesnt need to resettle any people to Siberia for the work value if he has the East bloc states as vasalls anyways, meaning wether in Siberia or elsewhere in teh Eats Bloc, Moscow would get the economical profit anyways. However, its unwise to destabilise the border.

Datner

Banned
As for a Wendish Republic, that will be a practcially unsettled state, considering the Sorbs dont even have any territory where they form the majority, let alone any larger territory.
As I stated:
settlers from Russia, Ukraine are put there alongside Soviet military

Come to think of it, Crimean Tatars, Chechens also could be sent there instead as in OTL to Siberia and Far East.

Germany is limited to borders of original German state somewhat along those lines regarding its eastern border:

You mean these?

Germanen_50_n._Chr.png

But no, historical borders is never a good argument for how things should be set up. Eastern Europe hasn't been German for more than a thousand years.

In all likelyhood, this sort of thing would lead to the West saying, "You know what Stalin? We've got more nukes than you do", earlier on, when it's actually still true.

Datner

Banned
You mean these?
No I meant the first German state not the Germanic tribes that wandered through Europe:). If Stalin would use that argument he would send all Germans to Scandinavia where they originated:eek:
577px-Nordic_Bronze_Age.png

In all likelyhood, this sort of thing would lead to the West saying, "You know what Stalin? We've got more nukes than you do", earlier on, when it's actually still true.
The West will say nothing. People have seen the pictures of milions corpses with boils on their skin, children with melted eyes, women with skin pelted away. Victims of German chemical attack. There is no symphathy for Germany in this scenario. The West did nothing when Chechens were sent en masse to Siberia in OTL so there is little reason to believe it would react to Germans if they made even bigger atrocities as in OTL.

Last edited:
Yes. The world is a nasty place and bad things can happen.

But you've been trying to justify that, not merely saying it could happen.

By that standard, some Jew can justify killing your entire family (hell, your entire COUNTRY) b/c of pogroms and Polish participation in the killing of Jews.

Still willing to defend that?

Datner

Banned
But you've been trying to justify that, not merely saying it could happen.
No just showing how Stalin would justify that.

By that standard
What standard.

By that standard, some Jew can justify killing your entire family (hell, your entire COUNTRY) b/c of pogroms and Polish participation in the killing of Jews.
Polish pogroms and patrcipation in killing of Jews are isolated incidents not comperable to state organised mass genocide by a party which was elected in democratic elections together with allies with over 50% of votes by electorate.
Anyway that is not the subject. The potential deportations would be caused by massive chemical attack against Soviets which wasn't made in OTL, but which was considered by some.

Datner

Banned
This discussion is about a ATL and I made it clear that this was purely fantasy scenario how Soviets would react to even more bigger German atrocity. Please don't hijack it, if you have questions in other topics post them there. With regards.

This discussion is about a ATL and I made it clear that this was purely fantasy scenario how Soviets would react to even more bigger German atrocity. Please don't hijack it, if you have questions in other topics post them there. With regards.

You're the one who keeps bringing up how evil the Nazis were.

Fine then.

What details you know about the Nazi plan to launch a massive chemical barrage against the Soviets? Did they plan on using them against military targets, to kill off entire population centers, or a combination of both.

A chemical attack of this nature could easily throw off the end of the war (if a significant hunk of the Red Army or its logistical train or a big hunk of the civilian governmental apparatus is destroyed), so we need details to have a proper ATL.

You're the one who keeps bringing up how evil the Nazis were.

Fine then.

What details you know about the Nazi plan to launch a massive chemical barrage against the Soviets? Did they plan on using them against military targets, to kill off entire population centers, or a combination of both.

A chemical attack of this nature could easily throw off the end of the war (if a significant hunk of the Red Army or its logistical train or a big hunk of the civilian governmental apparatus is destroyed), so we need details to have a proper ATL.

Actually, you have a good point there. If Germany decided to use chemical weapons during WWII, it might have easily butterflied away the cause of the war as we know it, and the Soviet Union might have ended up in a much weaker situation afterwards as in OTL.

Datner

Banned
In my TL however the SU ends in stronger position due to various circumstances I will detail later :)