WI skinhead movement remained working-class power-oriented ?

After watchin the Nat-Geo episode on American Neo-Nazis last night, which featured 1 former Nazi skinhead who'd left & renounced that violent lifestyle, with 1 of his new friends being an anti-racist skinhead from SHARP (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice)- WI the skinhead movement had, from its inpcetions in the 1980s, remained a movement emphasising pride in being of the working-class, instead of becoming associated with the far right & racial hatred ?

Are they still violent? If so, they're just another group of culture warriors. I'm not sure if the fact that one is encouraged to alter one's appearance to become part of the group makes them more or less appealing. The more timid stay home and they never become more than marginally popular. Still, a cause loves a uniform. Maybe they make more of a stir.

In the end though it's such a parochial movement. Any one cell might be disbanded with the opening of a factory in the town or a factory's shutting down (dispersing the members.) I doubt it can maintain coherence for long as a movement.

Deleted member 5719

Are they still violent? If so, they're just another group of culture warriors. I'm not sure if the fact that one is encouraged to alter one's appearance to become part of the group makes them more or less appealing. The more timid stay home and they never become more than marginally popular. Still, a cause loves a uniform. Maybe they make more of a stir.

Most Sharp I know are proud Class Warriors...calling them culture warriors would get you a slap.