WI: President Nixon (1961-???)

Cross-posting this over from the Sea Lion Press forums, but I’ve been re-reading Rick Perlstein’s wonderful Nixonland for the past couple of days and I’m really intrigued on what an earlier Nixon Presidency would look like.

The first few chapters of Nixonland give some intriguing insight to Nixon’s 1960 campaign - Nixon tacked hard to the center that year in a bid to shake off the almost thuggish reputation he got over his years in Congress and in Eisenhower’s Administration to make himself more “electable.” While he made some half-hearted sops to the civil rights movement during this period, Nixon openly reversed his anti-union positions from a few years prior and worked to make himself more palatable to organized labor. He openly tried to distance himself from conservatives within the GOP (itself culminating in the YAF attempting to draft Barry Goldwater at the 1960 RNF), and I’m sure most people here are familiar with how Nelson Rockefeller basically wrote the Republican platform that year.

What would Nixon do once in the White House - follow the points laid out in the Treaty of Fifth Avenue and alienate the increasingly influential conservatives, turn hard to the right at the risk of whiplash, or (what I think is the most likely) try and find the Nixonian middle-ground? I’d imagine Nixon would start playing the demagogue come 1964 assuming Dr. King and other major civil rights leaders begin agitating for an end to segregation, and that’s not even addressing how Nixon’s foreign policy would play into that.

This is something that has also intrigued me...but more for the big "How would Nixon deal with the Cuban Missile Crisis?" type events.
Considering the, let us say, interesting nature of the Nixon Whitehouse and the closeness of the 1960 US Presidential election, I feel that a Nixon election victory is both a plausible and far reaching POD.

This is something that has also intrigued me...but more for the big "How would Nixon deal with the Cuban Missile Crisis?" type events.
Considering the, let us say, interesting nature of the Nixon Whitehouse and the closeness of the 1960 US Presidential election, I feel that a Nixon election victory is both a plausible and far reaching POD.
There wouldnt have been a Cuban missile crisis

That's why I said Cuban Missile Crisis type events. ;) Sorry, just stirring.
I would actually be happy if you could point me in the direction of some 1960's Nixon election victory TL's or any articles that explain how an earlier Nixon presidency would have impacted geo-politics. (that's a genuine request by the way - I really am interested).

Would Nixon had carried forward with the Bay of Pigs invasion (that had been approved during the Eisenhower administration)? If so, would a Nixon administration done it differently/more successfully than Kennedy did IOTL?

Nixon is going to support something along the lines of CRA/VRA while making a Rockefeller gesture towards law-and-order if he makes it to two terms. Going "demagogic" isn't really an option, even in his '68/'72 bids he made a clear punch at the center.

Vietnam is the really big question -- but then wasn't Nixon supportive of JFK-LBJ policy before pivoting to Vietnamization when running in '68?

Vietnam is the really big question -- but then wasn't Nixon supportive of JFK-LBJ policy before pivoting to Vietnamization when running in '68?
While he did appear to support them, he also wasnt privy to the new information they were. So that could have changed significantly with him in office one way or the other