WI: OJ Commits Suicide

When the warrant was put for his arrest, OJ Simpson was staying at Robert Kardashian's house. According to rumors which were later confirmed by Kardashian, OJ threatened to kill himself in young Kim's room. Kardashian managed to talk him out of it, clearly, and the trial would go on to live in infamy both for the media attention it gained and the apparent failure of justice. The lack of a conviction of OJ, who was the prime suspect and had all of the evidence against him, sparked a change in the LAPD, specifically in the way that it handled evidence.

But, what if OJ isn't talked out of it? What if in the summer of 1994, before any of the trial had even begun, OJ commited suicide in Kim's room? I don't expect this to have massive butterflies for the world, but it could easily have had repercussions for how OJ is thought of and remembered, as well as on how the LAPD responds to situations with African-Americans and even more specifically celebrities.

Depending how the media play the event either the suicide is a guilt admission or that he though the system Will judge him as black, just Will be a minor debate at best

What if they make autopsy what remain his brain and found CTE and others fun things?

It would have a lot more impact if he shot himeslf on live TV when he was in that white truck or whatever it was. I didn't have any concern about the situation, until it seemed like money had, as usual, got him off.

Depending how the media play the event either the suicide is a guilt admission or that he though the system Will judge him as black, just Will be a minor debate at best

What if they make autopsy what remain his brain and found CTE and others fun things?

I was thinking that people would see it as the former, but he wrote quite a few notes before he held the gun to his head which just implied that it would be easier for everyone else if he did it. Even in his notes he held firm in saying he didn't do it.

It would have a lot more impact if he shot himeslf on live TV when he was in that white truck or whatever it was. I didn't have any concern about the situation, until it seemed like money had, as usual, got him off.

Him threatening to do so was directly before the slow car chase, though it probably is possible throughout the chase since he was still holding the gun. It was money and fame that got him off. He had been a likable famous guy for years, and his dream team of lawyers did everything they could to tear apart the LAPD and how they treat African-Americans. His team was the one that made it into a race issue, so its possible that the LAPD doesn't start to review itself in 1995/96 and instead holds steady, possibly leading to another Rodney King-type situation. If they don't get shown up in a case that they had every reason to win, they probably won't change how they handle evidence either.

When the warrant was put for his arrest, OJ Simpson was staying at Robert Kardashian's house. According to rumors which were later confirmed by Kardashian, OJ threatened to kill himself in young Kim's room. Kardashian managed to talk him out of it, clearly, and the trial would go on to live in infamy both for the media attention it gained and the apparent failure of justice. The lack of a conviction of OJ, who was the prime suspect and had all of the evidence against him, sparked a change in the LAPD, specifically in the way that it handled evidence.

But, what if OJ isn't talked out of it? What if in the summer of 1994, before any of the trial had even begun, OJ commited suicide in Kim's room? I don't expect this to have massive butterflies for the world, but it could easily have had repercussions for how OJ is thought of and remembered, as well as on how the LAPD responds to situations with African-Americans and even more specifically celebrities.

In the event that O.J. did commit suicide in Kim's room there would be butterflies for sure.

What would some of the effects of O.J.'s suicide be.

1. - The potential legal troubles that O.J. would have been facing would likely come to an abrupt end (The criminal case is quietly dismissed by default and the civil court route likely gets completely blocked due to the circumstances).
2. - Scores of people would start thinking that O.J. was guilty (Committing suicide would be a suspicion of guilt).
3. - Mark Fuhrman's reputation doesn't go in the toilet (There will not be any perjury being committed and his career likely lasts longer).
4. - With O.J.'s suicide in the Kardashian house neither the Bronco chase or the Criminal Trial never takes place resulting in Television taking a different direction resulting in No fame for the Kardashian's and the decline of Soap Operas likely starts several years later (It will be inevitable).
5. - The actual reviews that the Los Angeles Police Department had put on itself will likely not occur until around the turn of the century at the earliest (It will still happen maybe likely at the time of the Rampart Scandal if that happens at the earliest).

In the event that O.J. did commit suicide in Kim's room there would be butterflies for sure.

What would some of the effects of O.J.'s suicide be.

1. - The potential legal troubles that O.J. would have been facing would likely come to an abrupt end (The criminal case is quietly dismissed by default and the civil court route likely gets completely blocked due to the circumstances).
2. - Scores of people would start thinking that O.J. was guilty (Committing suicide would be a suspicion of guilt).
3. - Mark Fuhrman's reputation doesn't go in the toilet (There will not be any perjury being committed and his career likely lasts longer).
4. - With O.J.'s suicide in the Kardashian house neither the Bronco chase or the Criminal Trial never takes place resulting in Television taking a different direction resulting in No fame for the Kardashian's and the decline of Soap Operas likely starts several years later (It will be inevitable).
5. - The actual reviews that the Los Angeles Police Department had put on itself will likely not occur until around the turn of the century at the earliest (It will still happen maybe likely at the time of the Rampart Scandal if that happens at the earliest).

This was the type of stuff that I was thinking. Shapiro and Cochrane don't get the fame that they did, the Kardashian's just become known as the family that owned the house where OJ killed himself (likely tainting Kim's sextape if it ever comes out ITTL, seeing as it would've been her room and all).

I was also thinking that in the long run, big trials don't become the media event that they are today. Without OJ there may be no Casey Anthony for instance.

This was the type of stuff that I was thinking. Shapiro and Cochrane don't get the fame that they did, the Kardashian's just become known as the family that owned the house where OJ killed himself (likely tainting Kim's sextape if it ever comes out ITTL, seeing as it would've been her room and all).

I was also thinking that in the long run, big trials don't become the media event that they are today. Without OJ there may be no Casey Anthony for instance.
OJ had an estate, besides the one he has in Florida which is not legally Bound by almost every law to protect the homeowner from losing their house also I can't believe that the civil suit would go away that quick I think it would still be going on schedule and his estate would probably lose who knows. If someone has a reason to believe the civil suit is barred let me know please.

OJ had an estate, besides the one he has in Florida which is not legally Bound by almost every law to protect the homeowner from losing their house also I can't believe that the civil suit would go away that quick I think it would still be going on schedule and his estate would probably lose who knows. If someone has a reason to believe the civil suit is barred let me know please.

Would the Brown family actually sue his estate though? I mean, at that point Nicole's parents were basically set to take over as the kids' legal guardians (as OJ requested), and would they want to damage the estate of the kids' father. They were now orphans, and that would only hurt his name more. Plus, it could limit what they get out of it.

I was thinking about it, and OJ may actually be remembered better at least in the short term. He still had a lot of fans, and at the point that he would have killed himself nothing was public. It could have just been seen as a man (with CTE it would be revealed), who was overwhelmed and in over his head, not necissarily that he was guilty. I don't know when the police would release the evidence, but if they did it late enough, there could be enough people who believe OJ was as much a victim as Nicole and Ron and that the police were framing him since they didn't have anyone else (like a good number of people believe in OTL).

Any potential civil suit against O.J.'s estate after committing suicide in regards to the murders would likely run into some real problems like the issue of the prosecution never having a chance to try O.J., O.J.'s loved ones fighting for a piece of his estate (Which would start before O.J.'s funeral takes place) which would go on for years, The potential for such civil suits causing more harm to such plaintiffs and/or be way more trouble than it's even worth.

Such circumstances don't bar civil suits but the circumstances in this situation would make a civil suit be much more trouble than it's actually worth and the Brown family will not even as so much make any attempt to think even one second about any lawsuit against O.J.'s estate (They will just take guardianship of O.J.'s kids and do whatever they can to put the entire matter behind as quickly as possible).

Both Shapiro and Cochran will get quickly forgotten in the event of a O.J. suicide (The media will likely move on to something else very quickly afterwards). The guilt by association cause will do real harm to the Kardashian family (Either Kim's sex tape gets tainted if it exists or it likely gets butterflied away as the whole family likely becomes radioactive to those with any and all levels of fame).

To be able to keep big trials excluding Impeachment trials of State and Federal Officials from potentially becoming any major media event in the future would require that new laws to be passed.

Not so sure about the trials. There were plenty of sensational trials prior.

W/o the Fuhrman tapes, LAPD's issues with gender and wife beaters don't get addressed for a while longer.

Ak-84

Banned
Well, Marcia Clark is not the example every law professor tells his/her advocacy students about when warning about being overconfident and incompetant.

One small butterfly, the Jackie Chiles character in Seinfeld, never happens. He was based on Johnnie Cochran.

We will also never have the episode with Kramer driving a white Bronco that used footage from the chase.

Not so sure about the trials. There were plenty of sensational trials prior.

W/o the Fuhrman tapes, LAPD's issues with gender and wife beaters don't get addressed for a while longer.

I do agree with such (High Profile) trials that did occur prior over the years like the Nuremberg trials, Adolf Eichmann, Menendez Brothers, John Gotti, Ted Bundy (His trial was the first one televised nationally), Aileen Wuornos, The Son of Sam killer, Jeffery Dahmer (Murdered in Prison), William Kennedy Smith, Charles Manson, Bruno Richard Hauptmann (Executed for killing the Lindbergh baby), The four Police Officers who had beaten Rodney King, Sam Sheppard (Acquitted in a retrial), Diane Downs (Sicko woman who shot her kids killing one of them), Albert Fish, The Rosenbergs (Executed for Treason). Those are examples of High Profile trials that occurred prior to June of 1994 (All in the 20th Century) that many if not all would classify as sensational.

OJ Simpson will be remembered as the former football player who murdered his ex and killed himself rather than take his chances in court. Robert Kardashian will be remembered as an attorney whose best client killed himself rather than trust his abilities in court.

OJ Simpson will be remembered as the former football player who murdered his ex and killed himself rather than take his chances in court. Robert Kardashian will be remembered as an attorney whose best client killed himself rather than trust his abilities in court.
And that in turn means we'd likely be spared the nonsense and fluff of "Keeping up with...". Kim would probably be known as something of a high-profile bimbo who maybe got a feature in Penthouse or Playboy; her sisters would probably be rather obscure.