WI no doping rules

WI professional sports never developed an objection to performance enhancing drugs?
I mean, it doesn't really make sense; to deny certain specific chemicals that make sports people better....
Of course, the long term health effects raise major questions over the long term wisdom but hey-ho.

So, what would be the impact on sports with this dangerous option fully open to all?

Every women's swim team will look like the GDR's. Chemists suddenly become as important as physical trainers.

I think you would run into the problem that eventually one of these athletes will die through doping. Which would provoke a massive outcry, with the demands that Something Must Be Done.

Every women's swim team will look like the GDR's. Chemists suddenly become as important as physical trainers.

Every sport would become more like Formula One. "Constructors" (pharmaceutical & training teams) would be as, if not more important to the athletes. Those same athletes at the top of their game would shop for the best drug package.

Wouldn't really be a contest of physical skill and prowess anymore, becomes whoever can come up with the best drugs. Makes some sports completely redundant.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if this had any effect on the long term health of the likes of Kornelia Ender? Wiki didn't say much, except she married twice, and didn't list any kids.

I think you would run into the problem that eventually one of these athletes will die through doping. Which would provoke a massive outcry, with the demands that Something Must Be Done.

Isn't that already the case nowadays? ;)

Yup, that's true. Just imagine the Tour de France with legal blood doping. There would be deaths every few years, which wouldn't go down well with sponsors, TV contracts, etc.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if this had any effect on the long term health of the likes of Kornelia Ender? Wiki didn't say much, except she married twice, and didn't list any kids.

It definitely had. Can't come up with any articles right now, but this documentary says a few things about it: CLICK.

Wouldn't really be a contest of physical skill and prowess anymore, becomes whoever can come up with the best drugs. Makes some sports completely redundant.

On the contrary; if everybody are doing performance enhancing drugs it is going to be even more a contest of physical skill and prowess because the drugs work on top of this.
The worst possible situation for fairness is when some take enhancing drugs and some don't