WI Napoleonic Version of WorldWar

For a while, I've been trying to create a Version of Worldwar set during the Napoleonic era. The problem is, I don't know how. I'm not sure what to make the aliens like in this scenario or what their weapons should be either. The main issue is Human Weaponry, most scenarios I see have Humanity being Curbstomped, but I don't want that. So I was thinking maybe having Humanity get their hands on Alien weapons, or making the Aliens weaker, but in what way?

You get the idea, Right? What are your thoughts?

If you're willing to tweak the set-up somewhat, you could have the Race show up with their fleet in tatters thanks to a FTL catastrophe? They have a smaller force than intended, only limited stocks of advanced tech, and once their handwavium fuel runs out, their advantage drops to where 19th century humans can compete.

If you're willing to tweak the set-up somewhat, you could have the Race show up with their fleet in tatters thanks to a FTL catastrophe? They have a smaller force than intended, only limited stocks of advanced tech, and once their handwavium fuel runs out, their advantage drops to where 19th century humans can compete.

This works. Also add on the Race suffer from a lack of immunity to diseases of Earth.

For a while, I've been trying to create a Version of Worldwar set during the Napoleonic era. The problem is, I don't know how. I'm not sure what to make the aliens like in this scenario or what their weapons should be either. The main issue is Human Weaponry, most scenarios I see have Humanity being Curbstomped, but I don't want that. So I was thinking maybe having Humanity get their hands on Alien weapons, or making the Aliens weaker, but in what way?

You get the idea, Right? What are your thoughts?
Maybe since they were not expecting a world outside of Medieval development, they brought only Victorian level weapons as such? That would be enough for such a "unadvanced world" in their minds while also allowing for the Humans to not get curbstomped.

Do armies generally keep large stocks of weapons 200 years out of date?

I think they'd just bring the "colonial warfare" versions of their most up to date tech, personally.

Do armies generally keep large stocks of weapons 200 years out of date?

I think they'd just bring the "colonial warfare" versions of their most up to date tech, personally.
Which would still crush the Human armies as they have nothing to counter tanks or airplanes.

You have a few options. Consider, for example, that the Universe is a nigh-endless landscape. Whole space fleets could get lost in certain situations.
Maybe just have one such fleet - a colonial fleet, thus light on weapons - of the Not-Race find themselves jumping through hyperspace and dropping out due to some bizarre pulsar nonsense.
So a) wrecks their technology/communications, b) breaks their ships doomed to crash-land mostly, c) renders the Not-Race scattered, disorganized, and without viable supplies, weapons, and so forth.
Now, they could definitely fall back to some good old melee weapons, and they might have SOME advanced weaponry that simply doesn't have supplies to continue (and they without adequate machinery to resupply), etc.

Leaving the Not-Race to go into straight triage mode and survival tactics. You'd have some larger ships crashing/landing with suitable hosts to bring the pain to local Human populations, but in many others it's going to be some freaky terrifying stuff for both sides.

All sort of depends on what sort of Not-Race you're looking for.
But yeah, it's definitely easy to even the odds.

No, the Roxoloni are on the level of Spanish Conquistadors. Arqubuses and wheelock pistols, fire pots and bombards, not flintlock muskets and six-pounder cannon. 1530s technology, not early 1800s.

They don't bother sending a probe once they figure Tosev 3 is habitable. They just send the colonist fleet, plus a SMALL military detachment as garrison...