WI: Nader became US president

i know this probobly has been done, but i didn't look. anyways, answere these questions.

1. Who would make up the main cabinet positions in a nader administration?
2. How would a Nader administration handle the terrorist attacks of September 11th?

3. How would a Nader administration handle the possible threat of Global Warming, and the aftermath of hurricane Katrina?

4. Would a Nader administration reduce US ties to Israel? How would that effect the situation in the middle east?

5. How would a Nader administration handle the threats of nuclear weapons in iran and North Korea?

6. add other questions if you please.

Well, figuring out how he got elected might be important to deciding what his policies would be; getting the Green Party from 3% of the vote to enough to win the election would take some changes.

Chengar Qordath said:
Well, figuring out how he got elected might be important to deciding what his policies would be; getting the Green Party from 3% of the vote to enough to win the election would take some changes.

Maybe every candidate except for Nader is assassinated on Election Day or right before?

How about having Nader becoming far more involved in politics beginning in the 1970s....he builds a bigger name for himself, and later on, exploits how much Americans hate politics....just my idea....

David bar Elias said:
How about having Nader becoming far more involved in politics beginning in the 1970s....he builds a bigger name for himself, and later on, exploits how much Americans hate politics....just my idea....
seems kind of realistic

EvolvedSaurian said:
And McCain wins!

Nader is basically a more extreme Gore.

Well I wouldn't exactly say gore was extreme, but if the race was between Nadar and lets say Pat Buchanon I would imagine Nadar could win.

Chengar Qordath said:

The US would need a different electoral system. If every state used some form of Instant-runoff voting then a Nader presidency is possible. The easiest way to get Nader in the Oval Office is to have him serve as a Cabinet secretary (Transportion, Enviroment, etc) then have a diaster kill everone ahead of him in the line of succesion.

So, WI on the day/week before election a Chernobyl accident happens - in the USA. And coincidentally, some politicians known to be very pro-nuclear energy were in the area when it happened. In the short time up to the election, the American public can see their decay by the radiation, and eventually death.

Very macabre, but that's a way it could happen.

alphaboi867 said:
The US would need a different electoral system. If every state used some form of Instant-runoff voting then a Nader presidency is possible. The easiest way to get Nader in the Oval Office is to have him serve as a Cabinet secretary (Transportion, Enviroment, etc) then have a diaster kill everone ahead of him in the line of succesion.

That is a pretty good idea; maybe he cuts a deal with Gore to drop out of the 2000 race and endorse him in exchange for a cabinet post? Then a modified 9/11 leaves the Gore administration dead and Nader in charge...

Suppose that in early 2000, Nader and Buchanan happen to meet up, and they realize that they agree on many issues, and begin working together. The two men strike a deal, and the Nader-Buchanan Presidential Campaign is born.

Hapsburg

Banned
alphaboi867 said:
To make it even more interesting, maybe Nader had them assassinated, but made it look like an "accident".
Perhaps this scandal gets revealed in his second term, near the end, and as the feds are coming to arrest him, he goes out with a *bang*...:D

Hapsburg

Banned
Max Sinister said:
@Wendell: Don't insult Nader...
Yeah, don't be a hater...vote for Nader.
thumbsup.gif

The oil industry probably wouldn't like it. Or the military industrial complex. Or the tobacco companies. Or the religious right. Or ultranationalists. Or the neocons. Or McDonalds and other big fast food restaurants. Or other multinational corporations. Or GOP and Democratic Party.

But in the end he probably would be corrupt and power hungry like the rest of the politics.

I could rather see that the lobbyists, government people and so on don't want to cooperate with him and manage to blame everything on him, and four years later he'll have to leave the White House, and people will think (although it's not his fault) he was worse than Carter. Of course, in the beginning it might be a bad idea to say something against him... and at least the atom industry would have to suffer... the Americans won't like it if some countries are radiated...