WI: Minority Zones in the US

OK, lets say a right wing government comes into power in the US following, say, a particularly bad Depression. This isn't Nazi Germany levels of right wing but it's still not very nice.

The decide that in order to resolve race problems in the US they will create small autonomous regions throughout the country, one or two for each minority group so that they can be self governing, kept out of "white america".

They need regions for these groups
  • Black American (Two Regions)
  • Natives (Two Regions)
  • Asian Americans (One Region)
  • Jewish Americans (One Region)
  • Irish Americans (One Region)
  • Italian Americans (One Region)

So, where do you think these regions would be? Do some seem superflous? Could others be put in place? And finally, how successful do you think the system could be?

Weirdly, such a move has been supported by members of the Black Panthers and other groups who claim to speak for minorities in the US, so I think it quite feasible.

What's the point of doing this for natives when there's already reservations?

To normalise the system and yeah, to screw them over more, centralise them and made them easier to control.

When is the date because some of these groups would not get zone

30s/40s

And as for ASB, if the awful, insane things that happened OTL can happen, I think this can happen. Honestly it's just apartied turned up to 11.

FH maybe, but ASB? Heck, the only change is large central South Africa like regions. Most of the country had some official city level version of this (and still do, in many places unofficially). Old zoning maps can be fascinatingly blunt documents.

I think that in the US, the legacy of Federalism and the fact that "State's Rights" and right-wing/white-supremacist politics always pay a great deal of heed to that concept means that in the US that sort of racial segregation will always get handed to the states to administer.

OK, lets say a right wing government comes into power in the US following, say, a particularly bad Depression. This isn't Nazi Germany levels of right wing but it's still not very nice.

The decide that in order to resolve race problems in the US they will create small autonomous regions throughout the country, one or two for each minority group so that they can be self governing, kept out of "white america".

They need regions for these groups
  • Black American (Two Regions)
  • Natives (Two Regions)
  • Asian Americans (One Region)
  • Jewish Americans (One Region)
  • Irish Americans (One Region)
  • Italian Americans (One Region)

So, where do you think these regions would be? Do some seem superflous? Could others be put in place? And finally, how successful do you think the system could be?

Weirdly, such a move has been supported by members of the Black Panthers and other groups who claim to speak for minorities in the US, so I think it quite feasible.

You'd have to have some pretty radical changes in order to pull this off, TBH; it wouldn't have flown IOTL, not even in the 1920s when race relations were about at their worst ever in most places.