WI: Microsoft made Windows Mobile 5 devices finger touch in 2006

Possible, the thing you need someone to adopt, maybe Nokia or RIM could get the push and beat apple and google?
I remember they already have HP and O+ as partners perhaps they implement that technology.

MS Wastes their energies on tech that are less relevant like UMPC and ignores the areas like their Phones.

If they used the UMPC tech on their phone vendors, they could have fought an equal battle with iphone and android.

I remember they already have HP and O+ as partners perhaps they implement that technology.

MS Wastes their energies on tech that are less relevant like UMPC and ignores the areas like their Phones.

If they used the UMPC tech on their phone vendors, they could have fought an equal battle with iphone and android.
More details about it buddy? i'm working on an idea for a tl and could be nice those details(mine include Nokia as hardware partner), can give more details about it?

More details about it buddy? i'm working on an idea for a tl and could be nice those details(mine include Nokia as hardware partner), can give more details about it?
During 2005-2007 they were busy on the UMPC concept which have finger touch which they could have implement as well in their phone vendors which still use styluses or keyboards..you could have them adopt finger touch as well.

Would the use capacitive touch screens back in 2006 or would they choose resistive + stylus screens? Resistive screens are likely to doom the products

Would the use capacitive touch screens back in 2006 or would they choose resistive + stylus screens? Resistive screens are likely to doom the products
Yes, they can use the same technologies that are used in Capacitive touch screens, that they used in UMPC, the UMPC's are a niche that did not sell well, if they put that in phones as well, that will work.

Yes, they can use the same technologies that are used in Capacitive touch screens, that they used in UMPC, the UMPC's are a niche that did not sell well, if they put that in phones as well, that will work.
They would still buy Nokia here?

Remember that Android came in a few years after iPhone, and a year or two after that to be anything legitmately on the same level as an iPhone.

If MS pushes a viable mobile product early on there would seem to be a VERY good chance that Android is at best an also-ran, and imo given the existence of RIM more likely never happens at all.

All in all my vision of such a TL is that it's likely to look mobile look much more like an extension of all parties desktop businesses than things came out OTL.

Remember that Android came in a few years after iPhone, and a year or two after that to be anything legitmately on the same level as an iPhone.

If MS pushes a viable mobile product early on there would seem to be a VERY good chance that Android is at best an also-ran, and imo given the existence of RIM more likely never happens at all.

All in all my vision of such a TL is that it's likely to look mobile look much more like an extension of all parties desktop businesses than things came out OTL.
An issue with Microsoft initially would be that their OS would not be touch friendly initially but they will catch up compared to OTL when they did their action late.

Buying VAIO or the IBM PC would mean that Microsoft would not start from Scratch in making phones and making PC's.
As say before is Suicide buying a PC maker, Dell and others did have their worried about MS, now this is literally stepping directly, you can see Dell, HP and other pushing Linux and Ubuntu even more ITTL now.

Ironically Smartphone was not that area, so Nokia is a safe but possible, ditto blackberry

As say before is Suicide buying a PC maker, Dell and others did have their worried about MS, now this is literally stepping directly, you can see Dell, HP and other pushing Linux and Ubuntu even more ITTL now.

Ironically Smartphone was not that area, so Nokia is a safe but possible, ditto blackberry
But we do have Surface right now, so that will not be suicide or too much but that will create competition, basically allowing Chromebooks to exist is the consequence of Microsoft creating Surface brand, if Microsoft buys a PC Maker they will have a competitor like Chromebooks are now.