WI: Latin victory at Pelagonia (1259)

IOTL, there was a battle somewhere in Thessaly, Greece, in 1259 that pitted an alliance between the Principality of Achaea, its vassals, and the Despotate of Epirus against the Nicaean Empire. The Nicaeans sent a false deserter to the enemy's side to feed them false info, exagerating the size of the Nicaean army. The German and Italian leaders were not convinced by this bluff, but the Epirotes were, and they left the battle. It would eventually be won by the Nicaeans, resulting in the final reconquest of Constantinople in 1261 from the Crusaders and the sudden decline of the Principality of Achaea's power in Greece.
So, i ask: what if the Epirotes were also not convinced by the false deserter's bluff at the eve of battle, and fought on the Latin side as planned, resulting in the Nicaeans being defeated?
It seems to me that the Latin Empire was already going through deep financial and military trouble at the time, so i doubt they'll be able to stave off the Nicaeans from capturing the city. But could the Latin Emperor flee to Achaea, strengthening the Latin position there and waiting for the right moment to pounce back again on Constantinople?
What happens to the Epirotes, also? Could they preserve their hold on Thessaly?

Winning puts Epirus under even more Latin influence which could lead to them rejoining the Nicaeans anyway once Constantinople falls. This could prompt a Sicilian invasion again.

It changes Achaean politics radically. William of Villehardouin emerges as the strongest ruler in Latin Greece. He therefore won't feel the need to place his principality under the protection of the infamous Angevins of Naples. He won't have to cede Mistra and Monemvasia to Michael VIII.

It changes Achaean politics radically. William of Villehardouin emerges as the strongest ruler in Latin Greece. He therefore won't feel the need to place his principality under the protection of the infamous Angevins of Naples. He won't have to cede Mistra and Monemvasia to Michael VIII.
This means he'll get to marry off his eldest daughter differently too (assuming he still has no sons). Perhaps Phillip of Courtenay, heir to the Latin Empire, or Phillip's son from whoever he marries ttl.