WI: Independent Habsburg Hungary in 1800s?

What if, at some point after 1860, Austria is completely conquered by Germany? Would the Habsburgs be able to reconstitute their empire in just Hungary and the other unconquered territories? Would the reduced Habsburg monarchy survive long?

What if, at some point after 1860, Austria is completely conquered by Germany? Would the Habsburgs be able to reconstitute their empire in just Hungary and the other unconquered territories? Would the reduced Habsburg monarchy survive long?
Something similar happens in my TL, except it's Austria who unites Germany and lets Hungary go under Archduke Joseph Karl.

Assuming the rest of Europe lets this happen, I don't see why the couldent. The Hungarians weren't really opposed to the dynasty or monarchies, and now that Franz Joseph dosen't havd conflicting interests of German advisors in Vienna whispering toxic anti-Magyar words to him (his new Buda court being far more aligned to their interests) they'd be among his ardent supporters. Indeed, since they're now the dominant party I imagine the monarchy would find MORE support for centeralization efforts than it did historically, piggybacking off the Magyarizatiin trends to form a "lords and liberals" alliance similar to the "iron and rye" cohalition that formed in Prussia.

Yes even the new grossdeutchland would help the new Magyar kingdom in the balkans

If regional powers would not accept Germany conquering Austria, then perhaps a German nationalist revolt in Austria might be more tolerable.

If regional powers would not accept Germany conquering Austria, then perhaps a German nationalist revolt in Austria might be more tolerable.

It's also patently absurd, since the Conservative Germans have no motivation to disrupt the status quo and the liberal Germans hated Junker Prussia's guts. I suppose if Vienna adopts a policy of trying to federalize the Empire's ethnicities, you could see the Germans trying to maintain their hegemonic position, but how on Earth do you get a government like that into power?

An independent Habsburg Hungary is quite possible and easy to make. After the restauration of the Kingdom in 1920 just let Horthy invite back the Habsburgs or let the 1921 Habsburg rebellion succeed