WI: Greater Nepal survived?

What if Nepal won the Anglo-Nepal war of 1816 or at least managed to secure a deal that let it preserve it's lands? What would the role of such Greater Nepal be in the 1857 rebellion?

Is a Nepalese victory even remotely likely? And if so, what would stop Britain from seeking another round in the future?

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
If both Bhutan and Nepal resisted mightily, then the British probably would not pursue further. A Himalayan Union is possible.

If both Bhutan and Nepal resisted mightily, then the British probably would not pursue further. A Himalayan Union is possible.

That's my view too. The Nepalese resistance was pretty strong. Everyone from Children to Women to Elderly were involved. The EIC could eventually give up and deem the effort to be not worthy.

Well, Sikkim was out of the question because UK went to war with one of the main goals being Sikkim and to place the old dethroned king of Sikkim on the throne once again. So I believe that Sikkim would be split from Nepal no matter what. However there was a chance that Nepal could have retained Kumaon, Garhwal and Northern Bihar.

WI Nepal and Tibet dammed their rivers and taxed down-stream farmers?
That would be very unsuccessful for Tibet because most of their rivers were frozen and glaciers and if they dammed the ones that werent ice, it would bring about a chronic lack of drinking water for the populace at least during the time it takes to construct the dam, and speaking in 19th cenutry sense, that is a long period of time.
For Nepal, it would bring economic benefits, but Nepal at the time had no real engineers capable of the feat. They would need to bring in British engineers from the EIC and with them smarting over this ATL loss in the anglo-Nepalese war, I don't believe they will be receptive to the idea.