WI: Germany has to destroy every single bit of Autobahn (and is banned from building new ones) after WWII, because they are considered a Nazi Symbol?

then you might as well destroy every historical building and force Germany to put a modern style building in its place and rebuilding it as it used to be.
in some way that exactly happen in Germany in Soviet and US Sector...

The USA bomb German cities into rubble, who were rebuild in modern architecture
Like City of Hanau, Frankfurt, Colone, Berlin, Duisburg, Dortmund, Dresden, Emden, Hamburg etc...

While Communist started to destroy historical building and start rebuild in modern architecture
like the Prussian Berliner Stadtschloss replace by Palast der Republik
in 1946
Fotothek_df_pk_0000176_013.jpg

It replacement in 1976
Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1986-0424-304%2C_Berlin%2C_Palast_der_Republik.jpg

And It replacement in 2016...
800px-Humboldt_Forum-9147.jpg

in some way that exactly happen in Germany in Soviet and US Sector...

The USA bomb German cities into rubble, who were rebuild in modern architecture
Like City of Hanau, Frankfurt, Colone, Berlin, Duisburg, Dortmund, Dresden, Emden, Hamburg etc...

While Communist started to destroy historical building and start rebuild in modern architecture
like the Prussian Berliner Stadtschloss replace by Palast der Republik
in 1946
Fotothek_df_pk_0000176_013.jpg

It replacement in 1976
Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1986-0424-304%2C_Berlin%2C_Palast_der_Republik.jpg

And It replacement in 2016...
800px-Humboldt_Forum-9147.jpg
I looked this up after my post. I was quite surprised. When I've been to Bavaria, I've seen tons of photos where buildings have been destroyed and they've been rebuilt exactly as they were. I'm just biased towards Bavaria and the entire southern half of Germany.

When I've been to Bavaria, I've seen tons of photos where buildings have been destroyed and they've been rebuilt exactly as they were. I'm just biased towards Bavaria and the entire southern half of Germany.
Bavaria was lucky not so bombed by allies and damage could rebuild exactly as they were before.
but other cities were not so lucky like Frankfurt am Main and others they were wiped from map
Frankfurt am Main center in 1911
795px-Frankfurt_Luftschiffbild_der_Altstadt_1911-verbessert.jpg

Frankfurt am main center after USAAF made it Job in 1945
759px-Frankfurt_1945_June_destructions_after_bombing_raids_old_town_aerial.JPG

Today Frankfurt am Main
800px-Hauptwache_Frankfurt_am_Main.jpg

Last edited:

marathag

Banned
″You have to give this much to the Luftwaffe: when it knocked down our buildings it didn’t replace them with anything more offensive than rubble. We did that.″
Prince Charles, 1987, not a fan of Modern Architecture

How would they be considered that? The Nazi's did not come up with the idea, that#s a propaganda myth created by them (similar to how efficient they supposed to have bin was another one), nor did they build most of them, only expanded a few and in some places even only widened the existing roads and declared them Autobahns, but not completely build them up from dirt roads, or older roads alone.
reichsautobahnen.jpg