WI: CP-aligned Ethiopia during WW1?

Let's say Iyasu V had made the decision to join the Central Powers during World War 1 - what effects would this have on Ethiopia? What effects would there be on the Horn of Africa?

ASB Ethiopia is weak and surrounded by allied powers with no coastline
How many forces would be stationed in say, Italian Eritrea? Or French Somaliland? I'm not sure if it can be considered ASB but I can see Ethiopia realistically conquering those territories in an attempt to force a fait accompli against the Entente before they can mobilize enough forces against Ethiopia.

Let's say Iyasu V had made the decision to join the Central Powers during World War 1 - what effects would this have on Ethiopia? What effects would there be on the Horn of Africa?

It will be too occupied with the little civil war as in OTL to do that much

How many forces would be stationed in say, Italian Eritrea? Or French Somaliland? I'm not sure if it can be considered ASB but I can see Ethiopia realistically conquering those territories in an attempt to force a fait accompli against the Entente before they can mobilize enough forces against Ethiopia.

Britain has troops coming from India to Egypt who could be diverted and smash the Ethiopians exposed in Somalia. Granted, that gives some breathing space to the Ottomans (Mesopotamian Expedition lcould be re-routed to march into the Highlands if Ethiopia refuses to surrender)

Britain has troops coming from India to Egypt who could be diverted and smash the Ethiopians exposed in Somalia. Granted, that gives some breathing space to the Ottomans (Mesopotamian Expedition lcould be re-routed to march into the Highlands if Ethiopia refuses to surrender)
How long would it take for the Entente to defeat Ethiopia?

That is true - how do we avoid the issue of having Ethiopia fall to the same intrigues that saw Empress Zewditu come to power? Have Iyasu be more politically adept?

He can't as the man was more or less an idiot and even if he succesfull in the initial phase in conquering some of the entente colonies, in the end once the CP were defeated Abyssinia will found itself alone and forced to surrender

He can't as the man was more or less an idiot and even if he succesfull in the initial phase in conquering some of the entente colonies, in the end once the CP were defeated Abyssinia will found itself alone and forced to surrender
So this would require an entirely different figure coming to the throne after Menelik's stroke and/or death?

Ras Mikael (Iyasu V's father who was really in charge) knew better than that. While they might have sympathized more with the Central Powers due to being surrounded by Entente Powers, for that very reason they won't actually do anything.