WI: Benelux in the European Union

What if the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg form the Benelux tomorrow. How would that affect the EU, Europe and the world?

it doesn't have to be exactly tomorrow but what if they were working on it for a while and soonish they united.

The major impact I suppose would be within the EU, I mean you'd have changes to the totals voting, you'd have to integrate different economies and dealing with the nationalist issues as well.

I think it would be more interesting if the Benelux was formed e.g. Customs Union first, with fuller political integration later - before the formation of the 'Common Market.
The Benelux I believe would have a similar language ratio spread as Switzerland does, and they seem to manage their internal diversity.

The Country would have more influence being a larger one, while the politicians would have less opportunity - only one government, not three.

I think it would be more interesting if the Benelux was formed e.g. Customs Union first, with fuller political integration later - before the formation of the 'Common Market.
The Benelux I believe would have a similar language ratio spread as Switzerland does, and they seem to manage their internal diversity.

The Country would have more influence being a larger one, while the politicians would have less opportunity - only one government, not three.

Lets say it happens this way. Would it come close to France and/or Germany economically?