On May 30th, 1806, future POTUS Andrew Jackson dueled a lawyer named Charles Dickinson in a dispute over a horse race. Jackson took the risk of letting Dickinson shoot first, hoping his quickness would hurt his aim. Turns out it didn't hurt it that much, since Dickinson's bullet hit Jackson mere inches from his heart. But Jackson survived, and was able to fatally shoot Dickinson.

Suppose Dickinson had been a little luckier and managed to kill Jackson. What consequences would this have?

Hopefully no trail of tears. 1812 was already settled before the battle of new orleans so nothing really there and the bank of the united states would continue unimpeded. only thing i'm really worried about is the nullification crisis.

That was my first take as well. That'd be a hell of a TL tho
Well on Dickens first visit to the US in 1842 Jackson was still alive. And Dickens said some very critical things about the United States that an American Exceptionalist might take offence too.
Such as Slavery, slums that were worse than London, and how his work was being pirated.

I must admit I did a bit of a double take when I misread the title as Charles Dickens.

Well, there's also an author named Charles Dickinson.

Well on Dickens first visit to the US in 1842 Jackson was still alive. And Dickens said some very critical things about the United States that an American Exceptionalist might take offence too.
Such as Slavery, slums that were worse than London, and how his work was being pirated.

Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a crack TL where Jackson challenged Dickens to a duel.