WI: 1960s Batman television series is more serious in tone?

I mean, the whole Kirk/Uhura thing happened, a Batman/Catwoman fling could have the same impact. I mean, Eartha Kitt allegedly had a threesome with Paul Newman and James Dean, I count that as a massive fuck you to 1960s social mores - if there's someone that could outdo Nichols and Shatner in getting crap past the radar, it's her. :D
Star Trek was aimed at a later time slot and there fore a more adult audience. Batman was exremly popular complete with POW and WHAM balloons at the time. I remember the talk about it in junior high school at the time. Remember this was a 3 network world at the time not a 300 or even 30 network world. And Kirk Uhuru and Mannix were considered scandalous at the time for their racial commentary. That isn't something that would have been acceptable in a mainstream show aimed at younger audiences. If Batman went there it probably would have been pulled from some markets.

Noir didn't sell well then. You want dark you watched the Evening News with the days body count in the upper corner of the screen.

Star Trek was aimed at a later time slot and there fore a more adult audience. Batman was exremly popular complete with POW and WHAM balloons at the time. I remember the talk about it in junior high school at the time. Remember this was a 3 network world at the time not a 300 or even 30 network world. And Kirk Uhuru and Mannix were considered scandalous at the time for their racial commentary. That isn't something that would have been acceptable in a mainstream show aimed at younger audiences. If Batman went there it probably would have been pulled from some markets.

Noir didn't sell well then. You want dark you watched the Evening News with the days body count in the upper corner of the screen.
The sixties program was aimed at kids, Baby Boomers who were still being shown an idealized world. My opinion is that the show should have remained in that comic book world. To recast a modern Batman in a more serious, adult drama theme, in my opinion, is a mistake. Mickey mouse is for kids and Batman should have remained that way.

The sixties program was aimed at kids, Baby Boomers who were still being shown an idealized world. My opinion is that the show should have remained in that comic book world. To recast a modern Batman in a more serious, adult drama theme, in my opinion, is a mistake. Mickey mouse is for kids and Batman should have remained that way.
He is for teens, you can tell serious histories for those without grimdark, it was Frank Miller that destroyed batman

Frank Miller wrote,
>He'd be much healthier if he were gay.

A much healthier Batman in the 1960s.
*Frank Miller's Much Healthier Batman.
Keep the camp, make it adult.

yours,
Sam R.