• Order 191 to go

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Let Us Have Peace

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Stepping Out of the Sunshine of the People

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all. I know I have a bad habit of starting, stopping and restarting timelines. So I'm going to have you choose a timeline for me. You can choose one of eight choices.

1. Not Easily Conquered: POD: May 25, 1775. What if the American conquest of Canada started earlier?

2. A Mere Matter of Marching: POD: October 3, 1810. What if Isaac Brock never went to Canada?

3. Felling Old Hickory: POD: January 20, 1835. What Andrew Jackson was assassinated?

4. A Different Caliber of President: POD: February 28, 1844. What if John Tyler and not Abel Upshur was killed in the Princeton explosion?

5. One and Undivided: POD: May 13, 1862. What if George McClellan died during the Peninsula Campaign?

6. Order 191 to go!: POD: September 12, 1862. What if Special Order 191 wasn't lost?

7. Let Us Have Peace: December 8, 1871. What if Ulysses S. Grant was assassinated?

8. Stepping Out of the Sunshine of the People: July 2, 1881. What if James Garfield wasn't assassinated?

If you can say why you chose the timeline you did, it would be helpful. The poll is open for 4 days.

I like the ideas of every one of these TLs, so I will support whichever one you have the most interest in, and the one you believe you will be most likely to finish.

There already is a abandoned before 1900 TL called Let Us Have Peace, about U. S. Grant.

9. The one that interests you, the writer, the most.

Agreed, but I would prefer one through four because I'm sick of the Civil War. I voted for One because both Canadian and ARW tls are underrepresented. Also two of the heros of the OTL Quebec campaign on the American side were Benedict Arnold and Aaron Burr, which could have some really fun butterflies.

Agreed, but I would prefer one through four because I'm sick of the Civil War. I voted for One because both Canadian and ARW tls are underrepresented. Also two of the heros of the OTL Quebec campaign on the American side were Benedict Arnold and Aaron Burr, which could have some really fun butterflies.

Yeah. Everyone and their dog seems to have a Confederate or Nazi victory scenerio, don't they?

I voted for 8 because as far as I've seen, there's only one or two Garfield survives TLs and one of them was excellently written. It's a shame, really, because Garfield is one of the most interesting Assassinated Presidents in history.