Whats your crazies Hearts of Iron game ?

*Title misspelt, was meant to say craziest

I was playing as Germany on HoI 2 Doomsday a couple years back

With the launch of Operation Sealion, mainland UK was defeated in six weeks, and German Army managed to eventually knock the Soviet Union out of the war by '43 after taking Moscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad and made Stalin beg for peace.

The Germans used Iceland and Greenland as bases for their new surface fleet consisting of several carriers, which tore the US Navy and what remained of the RN a new asshole. After that, Germany invaded Newfoundland, but got bogged down trying to advance into Quebec and was driven back into the sea.

After a few months of planning (game time obviously lol) the Germans finally assaulted the US east coast, landing several divisions of Marines, armour and motorised and mech infantry in New York and Boston and took the whole North East within five weeks, then took Washington DC by the 8th week of the invasion after a costly battle.

German infantry stormed into Norfolk 10 weeks after the invasion, unopposed, gaining Germany a new naval base for operations in the Atlantic. Thats where the good fortune ended. After taking Pittsburg and reaching the outskirts of Cleveland, the Americans had regrouped and managed to counter attack, kicking the Reichs ass back quite far as supply lines started to suffer. Within 5 months, German forces had been evicted from the US mainland.

Germany had the last laugh with the development the A-Bomb first. With no resistance to speak of after the atomic bombing of US cities, German forces returned with full force six months after being forced into the sea, and the day after the destruction of New York, Washington, Boston, Philladelphia, Norfolk, Columbia, Cleveland, Detroit and Chicago , and took the radioactive ruins of the US within 6 months or so.

By 1950 Germany owned most of the world, Japan had taken Australia, (which is the first and only time ive seen an AI controlled Japan invade Australia), as well as the East Indies, Siam, India and Nepal, and had forced both Nationalist and Communist China into submission. Italy had taken Egypt, Suez Canal, Palestine and Jordan, as well as the Yugoslav coast and Greece. German puppet states in the form of Ukraine, Croatia, and Serbia had popped up in Europe

Nationalist Spain had regained Gilbraltar after joining the Axis, and Portugal had annexed South Africa and the Belgian Congo with the help of Japanese forces (what the hell they were doing in central Africa god only knows).

Played as the United States once in HOI2, wanted to turn them into fascists. I succeeded and had them joined the Axis. WWII started and I invaded Canada, which was easy, but trying to get to Europe was harder. I had neglected my navy and I suffered for it by having to deal with a superior Royal Navy. Worked out in the end though, I just outproduced them.

But here is the crazy part: Japan. Despite having perfect relations with them, no OTL oil embargo and being at war with the same nations they were at war with...they still declared war on me. So Japan found itself not just at war with the Allies, but with the Axis at well.

Sometimes AIs can be really dumb.

Last edited:
If you mean standard scenario, then one game I played as USSR.

The French and Germans went to war in Aug of 39. It was an Axis curbstomp; Paris fell in like October, Spain joined and then Gib fell.

The Japanese crushed China, and jumped the Allies in 1940. The US did the typical AI thing, and piled 30 divisions into Attu. Then it sat there doing nothing. Meanwhile, the Axis stormed the Middle East.

I was feeling bad, until the Japanese and Italians met in India...and Japan DOW'd the Axis.

Yep. Japan and the EuroAxis fought several huge naval battles in the Indian Ocean, with Japan winning, but the Axis advancing towards Burma. Everyone ignored lil 'ole me.

Until 1944, when I stormed Poland AND Manchuria with - well, let's just LOTS of T-34s backed by 400 or so infantry divisions and more Sturmoviks than the Axis had total air. Berlin fell quickly, but the Germans stiffened up on the Elbe. I decided not to waste the sons of Russia on fruitless river assaults, and instead my Soviet V2s dropped A-Bombs all along the front...

Mike Turcotte

Nukes.jpg

I was playing Japan in DH, 1933 scenario.

The Marco Polo incident comes along, and the invasion of China is go.

I never even made it to Nanjing. :\

My 60 division army (of which about 20 were garrisons) couldnt defeat the 150 Chinese divisions and got bogged down in the north. I suck at this game. >.<

Next time i'll have to give the army more funding before the war.

This game sounds fun. How easy is it to pick up? Not intensively time consuming, I hope?

It's pretty easy to play (at least HOI2 and DH are), but time consuming? Very.

"Oh, it's 10 already. But wait! My carrier is near completion! I want to test it out at least once before going to sleep!"

Craziest game? I once took the USSR, conquered all of Europe minus the UK and Sweden, as well as China and Japan, the former of which had been conquered by the Japanese. I was still mopping up the Japanese empire in the late 40s when the Allies attacked me, but fortunately I had moved a good number of armored divisions to India where I kicked British butt and began to sweep west to the Mideast. I kept the war on but not active for a few years, by which time I had built a nice navy on both sides of Eurasia and was regularly lobbing ICBMs at British and American targets. I had about 70% of the world's IC under my realm, about two thirds of that being usable for my country to do whatever I pleased with it. One problem I had was that the DDR refused to build tanks and ended up with 100 infantry divisions.
I was planning for Sealion when the game began to get too slow and glitchy to play.

Last edited:
Hm, craziest..

I was playing as France, and the SCW came along and I sided with the Republicans, however by the end of the war somehow I ended up gaining the Canary islands and a chunk of North-East Spain.

Yeah, their's probably been craier stuff but I can't remember it...OH, though one time I spent awhile watching Germany continuously try (and fail) to defeat the Alien Invasion (which I used the event code to trigger).

The craziest game I've seen is France randomly declaring war on Germany in mid 1938, actually pulling off a successful invasion of Germany and by some miracle, managed to annexed almost the entirety of the country. Meanwhile, the ROC had somehow beaten back the Japanese, annexed Manchukuo and established a puppet state on Korea before proceeding to slowly take over the other states it was in alliance with in mainland China. Japan had a far-left coup and turned into radical Leftists for no reason while the USSR just sat there and did absolutely nothing beyond puppetizing Finland, annexing the Baltic states and taking over Eastern Poland.

Oh, and the Republicans won the Spanish Civil War and instead of a single head of state, a CNT-FAI coalition is.

I was playing as Canada.

The craziest game I've seen is France randomly declaring war on Germany in mid 1938, actually pulling off a successful invasion of Germany and by some miracle, managed to annexed almost the entirety of the country.
This happened once when I was playing as Poland. I managed to take the Berlin area and annex it.

For some bizarre reason, I have a real hard time beating China with Japan. The Americans, Russia and Britain I can usually take on pound for pound, but the Chinese give me a run for my money every time.

Ive had a few VERY alternative outcomes to World War 2 in that game. Playing as the Soviet Union, i invaded Poland in late 1938 and ended up having Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia and Hungary declaring war on me, and for some insane reason, Germany decided to declare war on my pupped state Tanu Tuva, bringing into an early war with Germany by Christmas 1938

Then there was the time i used the Alien attack cheat playing as the US, now that was an ass kicking i will never forget :( They landed in Boston and managed to reach overrun the country and reach the west coast within 3 or 4 months.

My Craziest game was when i was playing as the USA in the 1939 Scenario and by the Time i had the Forces to Take on Germany and Japan (i used the Editor to alter the Stats of the Units) i built up a massive navy and threw so many ships and Army divisions at Japan i invaded japan by the end of 1943 and then Japan surrendered and then i turned my attention to Germany and i began to shift all my forces to britain and British Africa to launch an invasion across the Channel and into Italy at the same time the Germans put most of their Forces into the Italian Diversion and the Forces across the channel attacked Normandy and very quickly took over france and swept Germany out of the Low countries with the british attacking Norway and freeing it then with the italian line collapsing i swept up the peninsulia and stopped at trento Venice to give the rest of my army a chance to re supply then in July 1944 i launched one massive attack into the Balklans and quickly over ran the small countries annexing them to be granted freedom when Germany was Defeated which happened by December 28th 1944 with the Second Battle of Berlin.

With the War over i began to plan for a war in 1946 for a war with the USSR this was when i stopped playing this game since i had to come up with plans to defeat the soviet union.

I once played as ireland, got bored, invaded England, wasent expecting much, but i got surprisingly far, i reached london befor i got beten back and destroyed!

Craziest game was back in the second Hearts of Iron, when I was playing Ireland, which I was trying to make fascist and join the Axis, starting in 1933. In 1938, just after I joined the Axis, France joined the Comintern. The French invaded and annexed Belgium, which led to a Soviet-French Comintern fighting essentially the British Empire by itself. This seemed like a perfect opportunity to liberate the remainder of Eire...

But just as I got my troops together, Germany declared war on France and joined the war on the British side, dragging me into it. :mad:

Craziest game was back in the second Hearts of Iron, when I was playing Ireland, which I was trying to make fascist and join the Axis, starting in 1933. In 1938, just after I joined the Axis, France joined the Comintern. The French invaded and annexed Belgium, which led to a Soviet-French Comintern fighting essentially the British Empire by itself. This seemed like a perfect opportunity to liberate the remainder of Eire...

But just as I got my troops together, Germany declared war on France and joined the war on the British side, dragging me into it. :mad:

I wouldn't worry about it Elssar. You can always conquer Britanny as a prelude to reuniting all the Celtic peoples under one flag. France is going to get curb-stomped most likely so why not take advantage?

:D

I just picked up HOI2 after a while and decided to play a NatSpain game. I was originally planning on an axis support game, but things developed badly with the Germans and Japan and by late 43 the Russians were in East Germany. After building IC and tech since the end of the civil war I quickly upgraded to prepare to stab the germans in the back.

I declared on Vichy who had a GOI from the Germans. The Germans agreeably declared on me giving me memebership in the Allies (and free blueprints/resources). I took almost all of France, Mons/Ghent, North Africa, satellite Greece/Bulgaria and a part of North Italy before the Russians could beat me to them and ended up with IC around 140 or so.

I built up a cruiser fleet and grabbed some of Indonesia, the Philipines and Celebes. By '49 the Japanese were beat down and the navy had been bombed to nothing, so I took a chance with maybe 20 or so divisons and invaded. By the time the US had taken out Korea I was able to annex Japan.

The Soviets declared on the allies shortly after, but since they had been at war with the Japanese, the majority of thier forces were in China and the fareast. They stayed there fighting the NatChinese and US. I was able to liberate Europe and by late '52 the allies annexed the Soviets. The only real problem I had was TC. I had to liberate alot of satellites and move towards democracy to keep it down. I pulled a late game Barbarossa with only around 60-70 divisions, only about 10 armored and 20-25 or so mot/mec. The rest were infantry/mtn (plus help from liberated satellites).