What would it take for the current technology existed 30 years ago?

May we add to that the forcible abolition of the Caste system in the way that South Africa abolished apartheid or the US had a definite anti racial discrimination policy after the 1960's civil rights movement.
The caste system is illegal in india, and discrimination against castes can get you in jail. It's just that most of the older generations, especially in the rural areas still cling to their ways. The best way this can be eradicated is by the country industrializing, thus urbanizing and modernizing earlier.

From what has been said, I can see the world with the most advanced technology if these events had happened.

The richer USA with more immigrants helps to transform Latin America and mainly places like Brazil, Argentina and Mexico in Japan or Germany or South Korea. and venezuela because of oil becomes something like dubai.

With the world now with a new developed region, we can see India becoming a new China and being able to have factories and industry at the level of China and creating a kind of '' made in India '' and potentially becoming such a great power as to china itself.
places like bangladesh and southeast asia could also become something like south korea.
And Eastern Europe and Turkey could also become something.

I just don't know what the role of russia and africa would be in this world, maybe nigeria or south africa if we play well we could have sub-saharan africa in the level of development of latin america in our timeline.
Wow yeah don't know where i got that from. It is a bit sad because to see a higher standard of living you don't even need massively competent leadership, just one that allows more economic freedom.

But for a proper, well-rounded India I think they'd need more investment in agriculture after the green revolution, from roughly 1975 to 2020 to continue on the gains they made. It seems to me like more extensive and well maintained irrigation networks are essential, as are basic services such as roads in rural areas. Also I suggest they copy China's model of EEZs in major urban areas to facilitate industrial growth. By 2020, China is no longer competitive for wages and so India can take those fairly low skilled jobs if they have the right regulations for it. The English language would also help India out. I could easily see an India in 2020 with a GDP per capita of $4,000, with around 55% of it's population being urban and growing every year.

World wars (wars generally) are kind of a mixed bag... They tend to emphasize what works, not what's new--but do allow introducing new in conditions no civilian would tolerate: so, surgical advances (frex) may happen.

As for electronics, how about this: Britain sees WW1 Zeps as a serious potential threat, & applies radio search (crude radar) to locating them, which means need for CRTs (& better vacuum tubes, & klystrons, & ultimately magnetrons), & better fighters to intercept & destroy them (so monoplane fighters (shameless plug :openedeyewink: ), like the Bristol M1 (to pick just one), which helps drive better materials tech.

The threat from U-boats could also help drive electronics developments: sonar & dipping sonar, & homing torpedoes.

World wars (wars generally) are kind of a mixed bag... They tend to emphasize what works, not what's new--but do allow introducing new in conditions no civilian would tolerate: so, surgical advances (frex) may happen.

As for electronics, how about this: Britain sees WW1 Zeps as a serious potential threat, & applies radio search (crude radar) to locating them, which means need for CRTs (& better vacuum tubes, & klystrons, & ultimately magnetrons), & better fighters to intercept & destroy them (so monoplane fighters (shameless plug :openedeyewink: ), like the Bristol M1 (to pick just one), which helps drive better materials tech.

The threat from U-boats could also help drive electronics developments: sonar & dipping sonar, & homing torpedoes.

interestingly, what domino effect would that have on the evolution of technology?

interestingly, what domino effect would that have on the evolution of technology?
Outside wartime? Probably TV happens sooner (& mechanical TV, per Baird, never does). Quite a few actors who had long radio acting careers see them cut short as TV gains popularity, & radio drama/comedy dies. MTV is almost certainly sooner.

Some will argue comics take a fatal hit from TV; between it & Wertham, maybe. :eek: :eek:

Likely airships serve as AEW/AWACS platforms, which is pretty big for any *Battle of Britain. It's also big for defending Pearl Harbor & the P.I. I wouldn't envy Bomber Command having to find a way around it, either.:eek:

The influence on ASW is pretty profound: it effectively makes the typical interwar sub little more than a target.:eek: So, quieter is a must, & so is improved battery capacity. And RWRs. Maybe even sub-launched SAMs.:eek:

It's pretty clear the Battle of the Atlantic is an early win for the Brits, unless BdU is really on the ball.