What would have happened if Liberia became an American territory and eventually became a US State?

I do not know much about Liberian History, but I am aware that the modern state of Liberia was established by the American Colonization Society. Later on, these Amerio-Liberians later declared independence and created their own Consitution. My question is what would have happened if, instead, Liberia became an American territory and eventually made into a US State after the American Civil War? I know that there would be most likely huge butterflies from this event, but what do people think would likely happen?

Some info Videos

Last edited:
I think it'd be an incentive to send African Americans 'back to Africa'.
I am not sure that would work. It would have been possible before the American Civil War. But I believe that after the American Civil War, states could no longer prevent American citizens from entering their states on the basis of their race.

Starforce

Banned
I am not sure that would work. It would have been possible before the American Civil War. But I believe that after the American Civil War, states could no longer prevent American citizens from entering their states on the basis of their race.

I don't think thats true. The US didn't allow those from Asia to become citizens and discouraged immigration from asia and places that weren't Western Europe.

I don't think thats true. The US didn't allow those from Asia to become citizens and discouraged immigration from asia and places that weren't Western Europe.
That is because those areas were not part of the United States. If Liberia becomes a State, then its residents become American Citizens and they would have a right to travel anywhere throughout the United States.