What would have happend if at the end of WW 2

well...
that would need a completely different WWII in which the USSR is not a superpower;
with that, I could see the European empires lasting longer even if they are alot smaller that before WWII.
Maybe countries like france, england, portugal, netherlands keep alot more overseas territories.

Even so their is still the US so I'm not sure

That would require the Germans to hold on to the east and just let the Allies take the west or the soviets content to remain isolated, which is unrealistic. The soviets took the east because they had the troops to do so, and wanted allied buffer states. Considering the fact that it was more an alliance of of necessity, between two opposing ideologies, clashes were going to happen eventually militarily or not.

How do you get there?

Bingo.

It's hard to expect Stalin not to create a system of buffer states after having German armies invade the USSR and getting extremely close to Moscow. A way to possibly accomplish this scenario, if not strictly so, is to have France, Britain, and Belgium stop Germany in 1940, and for Stalin at some point to launch his own invasion of Germany. If this leads to a German armistice, but not a Soviet takeover, most of the Balkans will remain out of the war, and thus not fall under any side's control. The Soviets will still end up with the Baltic States, and a Polish puppet, but I guess that might fulfill the scenario in spirit if not in fact.

To get there: the USSR is not conquered, but too badly weakened to broaden their sphere of influence. Maybe they make it to Berlin in 1947, and then break down into another Time of Troubles back home. In addition, FDR dies earlier or is voted out, the new US President is more isolationist, so the US goes home after the war is over.

No NATO means most likely no Marshall Plan means Europe takes a lot longer recovering economically. Eastern Europe may or may not be slightly better off than OTL; Western Europe is surely a lot worse off.

At a guess, various revanchist grievances in Europe, with no Cold War superpowers sitting on their respective alliances, lead to a WWIII some time in the 1960s.

To get there: the USSR is not conquered, but too badly weakened to broaden their sphere of influence. Maybe they make it to Berlin in 1947, and then break down into another Time of Troubles back home. In addition, FDR dies earlier or is voted out, the new US President is more isolationist, so the US goes home after the war is over.

No NATO means most likely no Marshall Plan means Europe takes a lot longer recovering economically. Eastern Europe may or may not be slightly better off than OTL; Western Europe is surely a lot worse off.

At a guess, various revanchist grievances in Europe, with no Cold War superpowers sitting on their respective alliances, lead to a WWIII some time in the 1960s.
what are the alliances?

If I read the OP correctly, either the Soviets win big (say, hitting Poland while the Germans are still busy in France) or the WAllies do (Stalingrad goes bad, and the Soviets can't get back west as soon as in OTL).

In either case, the 'East/West' divide would still exist, just with a different frontier.

The only way I can see NO 'East/West' conflict is if one side (either the USSR or the WAllies) are comprehensively defeated by the Germans. The is near-ASB; the Soviets were too big, but 'too big' is easier conceptually than the Germans landing troops in Massachusetts (or Wessex, for that matter), so if the Soviets go down, and then the WAllies win (ALA The Anglo-American/Nazi War), then maybe the OP position comes to pass.

Mike Turcotte