What would fashion look like in a world without world wars?

57c859a838b5987a85c923b6b41eba7c-edwardian-shoes-edwardian-dress-1.jpg
1920-1929.jpg

Couple wearing typical clothes from 1910 (left) and Couple wearing typical clothes from 1920 (right)
Let's imagine for a second that Gavrilo Princip missed that shot against Franz Ferdinand and his wife, the tensions between Austria and Serbia heat up but are diplomatically resolved in a conference between the great powers and the concert of Europe continues to play.
If somehow we could reach the present day without a war on a global scale hitting us what would be the consequences on fashion?
As we can see in the photos above, in less than a decade the clothes went from a continuation of the Victorian style to an almost completely new style, women's clothing mainly underwent huge changes and could have shorter sleeves and skirts, short hair becoming the rule for the women, and etc.
The dresses exchanged during World War I were dictated more by necessity than fashion. As more and more women entered the labor market, they demanded clothing more suited to their new activities; these derivatives of tailored shirts and suits. Social events were postponed in favor of more urgent appointments, and the need to bemoan the rising death toll, visits to the wounded, and the general gravity of the time made darker colors and simpler cuts the norm.
A new monochromatic look emerged that was unfamiliar to young women in comfortable circumstances. The women stripped the heavy underskirts of their tunic and skirt sets, simplifying the dress and shortening the skirts in one step.
Also, people were dressing less extravagantly due to the funds invested in the war effort.
As women began to become more active in dancing and sports, they began taking off their corsets at parties to move more freely. In response, corset manufacturers marketed the dance corset, which was less tight, lighter and more flexible. This change made it necessary to have more corsets, as they performed different functions. At the same time, women now had more discretion to decide their own shapes with the variety of corsets available.
How do you believe fashion would develop until 2021?

Men fashon probably would be quiet similar than in OTL but women fashion probably not experience great changes since 1914.

I think fashion could be a mix between the 10's and 20's
For women's fashion we would have something like this
1913-Miss-Muffet-dress3.jpg
1913-Miss-Muffet-dress2.jpg

Skirts ranging from long to the feet or just above the knee, hat and parasol would remain indispensable, women would definitely get rid of corsets, already in the 1910s many women had abandoned it, at most they could last until the 50s or 60 with a little luck (or bad luck depending on what you think about corset) but I think it would be a miracle if they made it to 1930,
For men something like this
John_Singer_Sargent_-_autoportrait_1906.jpg
1637359967868.png

Formal suits remain the norm for men, as does facial hair, the wearing of hats could never have declined in the '60s, for casual wear however something simpler like the second image could be common.
If I'm talking nonsense please correct me, I'm not an expert in fashion although I appreciate the subject

Would men's clothing remain similar to OTL 1910 or OTL 2021?
IMO it's already quite similar at least the formal wear is. Suits really haven't changed that much since Victorian times. IMO clothing would be similar to 2021, new materials and loosening of social rules are going to make an impact even without ww1.

IMO it's already quite similar at least the formal wear is. Suits really haven't changed that much since Victorian times. IMO clothing would be similar to 2021, new materials and loosening of social rules are going to make an impact even without ww1.
I wonder what children's and Teens fashion would be like in this world

Classism and nobility would not be discredited. Expect a lot more propriety and conforming to social norms. Less torn jeans, crazy hair colors, tight or sexy clothes.

Speaking of which, how can the lack of World War I affect fashion in eastern countries like China and Japan?
Not much. I’m using them as templates since they avoided the WW1 experience for most part. They’d still be heavily inspired by western fashions but more due to desire to be “civilized” than because it looks cool.

Classism and nobility would not be discredited. Expect a lot more propriety and conforming to social norms. Less torn jeans, crazy hair colors, tight or sexy clothes.
Monarchs and aristocrats were going to face instability and domestic unrest unless they reformed even without World War I.

You'd still see a push towards more ... unconventional fashions (dyed hair, short hair on women, jumpsuits) if only as an outgrowth of Modernist movements

For men something like this
View attachment 696939
Formal suits remain the norm for men, as does facial hair, the wearing of hats could never have declined in the '60s, for casual wear however something simpler like the second image could be common.
If I'm talking nonsense please correct me, I'm not an expert in fashion although I appreciate the subject
Is that Ronald Reagan in the blue? ITTL, it might be him rather than JFK who's associated with men without hats.

tonycat77

Banned
Less synthetics without the embargoes and stuff that made them viable in the first place.
Much more fabrics without restrictions by war, men would still wear longer pants with suspenders since they are more comfortable.
Less globalization and imports, so less fast fashion and less pollution.

Wristwatches became popularized with WWI as the were easier to check when organizing the timing of an assault. T-shirts were originally an under garment but when fighting in hotter climates soldiers began wearing them without the uniform shirt in WWII.