What would a world without the Beatles actually look like?

I've given this question a lot of thought on other threads before this one and some of the conclusions I've come to are that the Stones, The Yardbirds and probably the othe rock bands that Epstein signed like the Dave Clark Five would've either never had made it big or wouldn't have made it for another couple of years and maybe in the case of the Rolling Stones not have been as big as they were in OTL.

The British bands that may been the first act to make it big in the US might have been the Kinks or as silly as it might sound Herman's Hermits.
How big an impact on the US if no Beatles happened is harder to say, legend has it that a million electric guitars were sold in the USA the day after the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan show for the first time, I'm sure that's an exaggeration but a lot of bands and musicians may never have come into being without the Beatles and the butterflies would have been even bigger in the 70's and the 80's.

Last edited:
No because (in my opinion) Yesterday was a way to cash in on the biopics that were very popular around that time (Bohemian Rhapsody, Rocketman). They wanted to make a Beatles biopic without making an actual Beatles biopic. This would've been a VERY creative and fun film if they had done it right.

A film? Gee.. there's enough to the story for *at least* a mini-series.