I guess maybe the fact that there was an Irish brigade in the Confederate army OTL? But unlike ATL there was also a much larger amount of Irish forces who sacrificed a lot fighting for this country, and the Confederate Irish weren’t in any way uniquely barbaric compared to other Confederate forces, so this just comes off as Anti Irish prejudice.
Hey, that's what the narrator said, what the story stablished. In any moment it says all irish people are like these, it just tells those incidents involved people that happened to be of irish background and thus that fuelled TTL americans prejudices. AFAIK, it could even not have happened actually in that way ITTL and those parts of the narration could have been told through an RU bias. Even if there was a real life anti-irish hatred here, then the author would be to blame, not a random reader who just answered a lore question because he happened to remeber two pieces of irrelevant lore trivia no one probably shouldn't actually care about.

Hey, that's what the narrator said, what the story stablished. In any moment it says all irish people are like these, it just tells those incidents involved people that happened to be of irish background and thus that fuelled TTL americans prejudices. AFAIK, it could even not have happened actually in that way ITTL and those parts of the narration could have been told through an RU bias. Even if there was a real life anti-irish hatred here, then the author would be to blame, not a random reader who just answered a lore question because he happened to remeber two pieces of irrelevant lore trivia no one probably shouldn't actually care about.
I wasn’t referring to Napo or the writing, I meant the reaction of Arthur Marston saying that it’s “talking about OTL events as if the Madnessverse had a way to know about them”, because that’s a huge misrepresentation of what actually happened in OTL in a way that seems meant to demonize the Irish, and hence comes off as Hibernophobic. I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, I have no problem with the in universe events or the writing of them by Napoleon53, nor any of the people answering the lore questions.

Last edited:
I wasn’t referring to Napo or the writing, I meant the reaction of Arthur Marston saying that it’s “talking about OTL events as if the Madnessverse had a way to know about them”, because that’s a huge misrepresentation of what actually happened in OTL in a way that seems meant to demonize the Irish, and hence comes off as Hibernophobic. I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, I have no problem with the in universe events or the writing of them by Napoleon53, nor any of the people answering the lore questions.
Aahh, okaay. The way you phrased it and replied to my post instead of the Arthur Marston comment made it look like you were calling me an anti-irish racist for describing irish characters doing mean things in a fictional world.

I guess that either I didn't understand it because Internet conversations can't communicate well people's intentions or I'm just that dense.

Aahh, okaay. The way you phrased it and replied to my post instead of the Arthur Marston comment made it look like you were calling me an anti-irish racist for describing irish characters doing mean things in a fictional world.

I guess that either I didn't understand it because Internet conversations can't communicate well people's intentions or I'm just that dense.
Yeah sorry, I probably didn’t phrase that the most clearly. That’s on me, I apologize.

Also, the RU is, of course, not federalist, but it doesnt seem to be entirely unitary either. How much autonomy do the states have?
Not a lot. Remember, the Republican Union is a totalitarian fascist state. Any semblence of federalism that existed before the rise of the Manifest Destiny Party has been swept away by Custer's and Steele's increasingly centralized political system.

Also, the RU is, of course, not federalist, but it doesnt seem to be entirely unitary either. How much autonomy do the states have?
Custer retained elections at the local level, so I assume if Steele did as well then governors would be appointed directly by the President and any candidates for state or local office would be MDP members requiring pre-approval from the Union government and the local council of elders in order to compete

I dont know how the Union will manage to stay on top after Manifest Climax. I can actually see something like Murica1776's Cokie Empire from the Expanded Universe happening

I dont know how the Union will manage to stay on top after Manifest Climax. I can actually see something like Murica1776's Cokie Empire from the Expanded Universe happening
I'm not sure about that. As I've said this whole Worm Coup business is a massive boon to the Union government, suddenly providing a guilt free scapegoat for failures in Manifest Climax and creating a sense of national unity in the wake of a purge of people considered literal antichrists. With the coming wave of liberalization people will suddenly see the nation's gross national happiness skyrocket, further reinforcing loyalty to the state. Meanwhile, "victory" in Manifest Climax doesn't require an outright conquest of the entire thing, and the Union government is crafty enough to declare a propaganda victory once the Peacemakers come on the scene and they can knock the Neutrality Pact out of the war with a few bombs. Then South American Manifest Destiny becomes an archipelago of settlements claiming the entire continent on paper, guarded by troops sent south to be blooded

Or maybe the RU could establish Reichkommissariat-esque boundaries in occupied South America, and send out teams to abduct children who look "Pinnacle" enough. And there is still the issue of Brazil and Argentina who arent in the Neutie Pact. I can see the Union invading them while they are still on war footing. Also the Dutch holdings in Guyana could be a problem down the line.

Or maybe the RU could establish Reichkommissariat-esque boundaries in occupied South America, and send out teams to abduct children who look "Pinnacle" enough. And there is still the issue of Brazil and Argentina who arent in the Neutie Pact. I can see the Union invading them while they are still on war footing. Also the Dutch holdings in Guyana could be a problem down the line.
There was something about Brazil joining the war. Argentina could very well get involved just because they know the Union isn't likely to stop with the others.

Most of South America past the coasts is going to be thinly populated with limited industrial resources. The Union may simply set up military bases for resource extraction and surveillance and bomb anything moving. I figure they would slowly colonize certain areas and leave others as 'free fire zones' for waste dumping, weapons testing and sending various screwups to staff.

Most of South America past the coasts is going to be thinly populated with limited industrial resources. The Union may simply set up military bases for resource extraction and surveillance and bomb anything moving. I figure they would slowly colonize certain areas and leave others as 'free fire zones' for waste dumping, weapons testing and sending various screwups to staff.
I've said before I think the Union could make a more environmental turn as a part of the Oswald reforms (a new Eden for a reconsolidated Pinnacle Race, that sort of thing) and something that occurred to me: if this is the case they could declare the interior a preserve, and of course you can't have industrialized infees polluting the preserve with cars and planes and cities 🤔 Basically it would be like the Russians in Man in the High Castle, still living in what's left of their land but reduced to a very basic standard of living.

An "infee reservation" where people are forced to live in pre-industrial conditions definitely seems like something the Union would do.
There have been references to a "quarantine zone" in South America. I imagine this consisting of the Amazon and maybe the highlands of Bolivia and Brazil. The Union would conduct periodic bombing campaigns and military expeditions for training/keeping the Inferiors from gaining strength.

There have been references to a "quarantine zone" in South America. I imagine this consisting of the Amazon and maybe the highlands of Bolivia and Brazil. The Union would conduct periodic bombing campaigns and military expeditions for training/keeping the Inferiors from gaining strength.

We could see “hunting reserves” where NUSA veterans go out to hunt inferiors with bolt action rifles as a “challenge”.

We could see “hunting reserves” where NUSA veterans go out to hunt inferiors with bolt action rifles as a “challenge”.
I could also see these being tourist attractions where the Union, both for propaganda to support the national view of infees and as a source of profit for businessmen exploiting union progress in South America, taking people to "Observe Infees in their natural, savage state" (well of course ignoring the fact the way they are living is pretty much the only way they can survive when the union is still actively bombing back to the stone age any group that shows signs of starting to recover and that they are responsible for these conditions in the first place).

Last edited: