ITTL Patton is actually pretty pitiful if you overlook the fact that he serves a imperialistic, genocidal nation.
Conversely, I remember a clickbait story where OTL Patton's wife used a worm curse to kill his mistress, so maybe his over the top insanity is..... sinister. She had to have picked it up from somewhere is all I'm saying.

May the Great Worm gnaw your entrails, and devour you joint by little joint!

Last edited:
ITTL Patton is actually pretty pitiful if you overlook the fact that he serves a imperialistic, genocidal nation.
MADNESS_Patton.jpg

Imagine these memes out of context...

Oh and someone mentioned Zhukov appearinh ITTL. I'm planning on it. He's one of favorite historical badasses. Hell, I named my cat Zhukov. Lol

Regarding the discussion about Coldrina and/or Republican Union outposts in Antarctica… Maybe in this universe there won't be a scientific-fiction story equivalent to At the Mountains of Madness, because here those events would be real.

Remember the ruins that Madness!Mussolini explored (before becoming Pope Peter II). Those ruins predated the American Revolution. There are many other PODs, things that went wrong before the failure of the Articles of Confederation. We can't be absolutely sure that there aren't remnants of some kind of ancient (and disturbing) civilization under the ice and rocks of Antarctica!

Regarding the discussion about Coldrina and/or Republican Union outposts in Antarctica… Maybe in this universe there won't be a scientific-fiction story equivalent to At the Mountains of Madness, because here those events would be real.

Remember the ruins that Madness!Mussolini explored (before becoming Pope Peter II). Those ruins predated the American Revolution. There are many other PODs, things that went wrong before the failure of the Articles of Confederation. We can't be absolutely sure that there aren't remnants of some kind of ancient (and disturbing) civilization under the ice and rocks of Antarctica!
I think that would be one of the more ambiguous elements. Maybe Symmes returns from his voyage completely mad, raving about passages into the Hollow Earth... and the government hushes it up. But the Church never forgets, and with the military occupation of Symzonia dispatches Zealots and Christian Magickians to find Symmes' tunnels and confront evil head on. The fact that they keep being swallowed by the ice only proves that there's something out there, something ungodly and unchristian waiting to threaten the New Jerusalem...

Last edited:

It would be an interesting twist. Drives home that this universe is actually parallel to us rather than alternate and implies that the "madness" isn't something new and it has happened already before.

But on the other side it would ruin the "running gag" of TTL mankind seeing all kind of supernatural, alien or divine interventions when there isn't actually nothing fantastic or magical in the world.

Last edited:
I'm currently reviewing story ideas sent to me for a couple days. New chapter soon!

Here's a fun convo: what is it you like most about WMIT?

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1694384521.jpeg

I've also started this book. Hopefully it will give me lots of ideas!
I

Last edited:
The dark humours of it, the Orwellian characteristics, and how WMIT showed to me America could really be twisted in the history without the proper handlings.

I'm currently reviewing story ideas sent to me for a couple days. New chapter soon!

Seeing how all these insane ideas come together into something coherent and believable. For instance, Fascist Patton doing cocaine and demanding gorilla nuts while committing genocide sounds utterly insane on the surface, but TTL has a unique way of tying the insanity into something that actually seems plausible.

What's up with the Cokies?

Well, they're involved in the Congo Sea and Manifest Climax. So I imagine they're just vibing, living their best lives in the jungle committing genocide and trying to grab whatever scraps of land they can.

The thing I enjoy most is the way everything is so plausible even when it’s extremely twisted. A lot of dystopian timelines seem very unrealisticly terrible, but this manages to be absolutely horrifying (in a good way) we’ll still staying mostly plausible in how things develop.