In this world of madness, the best we can hope for is that a subjugated nation becomes Japan rather than Mexico. All things considered, the Japanese got off lucky. Forced assimilation is better than genocide.

So basically in Union society:
  • At the top are the Anglo-Saxon, Scottish, Germanic, Nordic, Protestant French, (protestant Greek? given ancient Athens and Plato are probably considered "pinnacle men of knowledge")
  • In the middle are the honorary betters: Jews, American blacks, pureblood Japanese, mixed race of any kind between these and the above group. Not persecuted and largely praised by the government, but probably faced with discrimination
  • At the bottom are the Slavs, Italians, Irish, Spanish, mainland Asians (the mongoloid steppe blood), and "inferior blacks" (I can imagine a Hutu/Tutsi type dichotomy being used).
  • Wildcards are Indians, Arabs, Turks, and Persians.

VS.

traditionalism-propaganda41.png
My country is going to make a really dumb decision, isn't it? I mean it is basically one of our oldest traditions

Holy shit, it would not be complete without a photo of Steeleport city hall:

Manila City Hall.jpg

Burnham architecture bastardised by corporate greed is the greatest dystopian city. Now, multiply it to the population of Tokyo!

Edit: Perhaps, Steeleport will be drastically smaller due to lack of foreign trade but still, Macarthur ruling what will basically become the Manila-style slums ITTL is still goddamn horrifying to imagine. Holy shit.

Last edited:
I have to say, from the perspective of making this work as a HOI4 mod I appreciate how much less stagnant this world is than in classic. If this is made into a HOI4 mod I look forwards to giving Europa a wholesomeboi democratic path to restore sanity to the world.

Vuu

Banned
Oh boy, this can't end well. China will come back at it's feet, and if Russia develops itself enough and they cooperate, it's basically a death sentence to what used to be Japan

I know people are mostly focused on Austria and Hungary but i think Albania could become a problem for France in the future: not only it has numerous reasons for being pissed at Napoleon thanks to the fact that the Serbians weren't punished for their invasion and genocide, but it also could end up alligned to one of France's enemies like Germany or even Italy( if somehow Evola's ideology causes a rift between France and Italy).

Oh boy Japan got fucked, to say the least. I'm just imagining the Japanese Republican Goverment in Exile in Macau being like;

"See this is why that royal family was such an annoyance...now let's preserve as much of Japan's culture as possible"

Meanwhile Europe is going to go bonkers as they various political groups appear. I expect Illumanism to be a wonderfully bonkers mix of spiritual junk/left wing political ideas and bizarre philosophy.

Also the McArthur's will be fun, can't wait for the other big ego folks to appear out of the woodwork.

The will of the people to revolt was not broken upon the Rape of Edu. However, the Holy Nipponese Civil War's conclusion was beyond apparent already. The Imperialists had no chance. Too many were living comfortable lives and were happy with the status quo to revolt. Too many feared the barbarism of ORRA, even the units made up of their own countrymen. Some very much resented the attempted return of the monarchy. The Nipponese spirit was finally broken when the Empress was captured on September 23, 1914, attempting to flee once more to Qing China. After being beaten and humiliated, audio recordings of her announcing the permanent dissolution of the Imperial government were broadcast all over Nippon via talkiebox, including in public centers. After this, she was forced to participate in a Roman-style Triumph March through Philadelphia on November 18, appearing in chains with much of her staff and remaining family as Joe Steele looked on triumphantly from an overhead balcony. Thousands of Yankees, from pasty-white Germans to coal-black Negros gathered around to throw popcorn and fruit at the "imperialist whore." Even small children cheered and clapped as ORRA officers bludgeoned the members of the chain-gang. The humiliation was complete. Steele was sending in more and more ORRA troops everyday and the Nipponese Protectorate forces were salvaged into the new "Army of the Risen Son," consisting of only the most loyal and devout pro-American soldiers.
I just realized that I probably caused this. Feeling kind of dirty now.

Also, regarding Evola, I personally would want him to still be bad obviously, but not as bad as his historical self. Personally, I think the spirit of Madness is that, while everyone's bad, the Americans are the worst. It just wouldn't be Madness without that.

Here, I compiled some pictures of Manila to have a peek on how Steeleport and other Nipponese cities would look like:

Edo before the war, taken from John Splendidfaith Street, circa 1909
t0412amadis-old-manila_feat4_1.jpg

The 1914 suppression of Edo; propaganda posters were often left by ORRA officers in wake of their offensives.
7aevm91iur311.jpg

Kanto Capitol along with Steeleport City Hall, viewed from Propher Burr Avenue, circa 1929; autowagons unused and sold by the Americans saw widespread use as makeshift transport service in many cities years after the suppression.
padre-burgosold.jpg

A usual Steeleport street: taken from Benedict Arnold Avenue, circa 1930
old-manila-main01.jpg

If The Republican union develops inter reality travel I feel that may want to destroy our world after finding out that a musical glorying Alexander Hamilton was written by a Hispanic and became a huge Broadway hit.

If The Republican union develops inter reality travel I feel that may want to destroy our world after finding out that a musical glorying Alexander Hamilton was written by a Hispanic and became a huge Broadway hit.

Everyone from What Madness Is This is going to be equal parts horrified and furious at the real world. They're literally the antithesis of OTL.

Everyone from What Madness Is This is going to be equal parts horrified and furious at the real world. They're literally the antithesis of OTL.

Acutelly the antithesis of what is this madness is the reverse ru timeline that worffan has been dissuading in the star spangled expaned universe of what is this madness but has never gotten around to write in detail. In this timeline Lucretia Mott excavates Boston during the sack of Boston, Araon Burr is considered a madman , Charles Goodyear is the greast Tratior in American history, and the first president of the New United States was Crazy Horse

I have to say, from the perspective of making this work as a HOI4 mod I appreciate how much less stagnant this world is than in classic. If this is made into a HOI4 mod I look forwards to giving Europa a wholesomeboi democratic path to restore sanity to the world.

An American Civil War scenario in a Madness HOI4 mod would make Kaiserreich's ACW look like a Sunday picnic, lol. I'm imagining a Billy Sunday leading one faction, Steele another, and Roosevelt the Bull Moose Movement.

In this world of madness, the best we can hope for is that a subjugated nation becomes Japan rather than Mexico. All things considered, the Japanese got off lucky. Forced assimilation is better than genocide.

So basically in Union society:
  • At the top are the Anglo-Saxon, Scottish, Germanic, Nordic, Protestant French, (protestant Greek? given ancient Athens and Plato are probably considered "pinnacle men of knowledge")
  • In the middle are the honorary betters: Jews, American blacks, pureblood Japanese, mixed race of any kind between these and the above group. Not persecuted and largely praised by the government, but probably faced with discrimination
  • At the bottom are the Slavs, Italians, Irish, Spanish, mainland Asians (the mongoloid steppe blood), and "inferior blacks" (I can imagine a Hutu/Tutsi type dichotomy being used).
  • Wildcards are Indians, Arabs, Turks, and Persians.

Very accurate, but all of those wild cars would be Inferiors. Especially since they have all tried at some point to invade and turn Europe Islamic at some point (well, except India). The Union probably sees little difference between Arabs, Persians, and Indians. "They're all mongoloid descendants of Ghenghis, and they all need to be put in their place."

Here, I compiled some pictures of Manila to have a peek on how Steeleport and other Nipponese cities would look like:
*snip*

Those look great!!

high-castle-portal.jpg

"WE CAN BEGIN TO MARCH TROOPS THROUGH!" *maniacal laughter and applause*

An American Civil War scenario in a Madness HOI4 mod would make Kaiserreich's ACW look like a Sunday picnic, lol. I'm imagining a Billy Sunday leading one faction, Steele another, and Roosevelt the Bull Moose Movement.
Not to mention, Inferior rebels if it comes early enough and possibly Californian and Qubec rebels.