So Custer is going to have the fate of Goodyear this time around?

Nope, I just was referring to 1.0 and Steele discovering his Slavic birth father.

They probably shouldn't be using peyote just yet for two reasons: firstly, they've only jusst embraced Spiritualism. Secondly, they've only just annexed Teas, their only source of the drug which will probably be unknown for some time.

I actually have an earlier reference to Peyote in the TL. I wanted some logical explanation for some of the batshit things they say, and that seemed like a good route to take. This is a good point though. I'll do some research!

I love this new side of Madnessverse's America!

What I want to hear! I know it's quite crazy and reallyyyyy pushing it, but while wildly entertaining it's not a _true_ ASB TL. There aren't real spirits, or even prophets. Though I do quite enjoy messing with the readers and making them wonder every once in a while. It's honestly just the story of a nation collectively going absolutely insane and down the rabbit hole. Honestly, North Korea literally worships their leaders RIGHT NOW in REAL LIFE and is a literal necrocracy. Honestly, if I had to choose between OTL North Korea 2018 and the Madnessverse, I would actually be on the fence about it. That is freaking terrifying to think about. Also, I'm part "heathen steppe dweller" and come from a long line of Catholics so that's really bad, lol. A lot of the Republican Union is actually based on N Korea, just supersized and even more ridiculous. Even the flag I designed yearsss ago for the RU is actually a nod to the DPRK. lol

Can't imagine continental Europe is much amused with the going ons in the America's...

Is there significant opposition to scientific Marxism in the Republican Union? Perhaps ironically amongst the "betters of society"? The average middle class Yankee would likely find this whole ordeal terrifying.

Two things:

First of all, wow. Spiritual Marxism is incredible and insane! I love it!

Secondly, you might want to go back and threadmark Chapter 37.

Fun fact: In OTL, French sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, designer the Statue of Liberty, proposed that a earlier version of the statue to built at the entryway of the Suez Canal in Port Said, Egypt. However, Egypt around that time went bankrupt, and Bartholdi would later recycle his design to become the statue that we all know and love today.

Now that Napoleon has conquered Egypt as well as the ever growing hostilities between the Imperials and the RU, I can see this version of Lady Liberty being a reality in TTL:

original-design-for-egypt.png

Last edited:
Can't imagine continental Europe is much amused with the going ons in the America's...

Is there significant opposition to scientific Marxism in the Republican Union? Perhaps ironically amongst the "betters of society"? The average middle class Yankee would likely find this whole ordeal terrifying.

Oh more then I let on! They'll get their own chapter.

@Napoleon53 You’re missing one of your Nine Pillars. It jumps from 7 to 9

D'oh! I'll fix! Thank you

Two things:

First of all, wow. Spiritual Marxism is incredible and insane! I love it!

Secondly, you might want to go back and threadmark Chapter 37.

Thank you and done!

Fun fact: In OTL, French sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, designer the Statue of Liberty, proposed that a earlier version of the statue to built at the entryway of the Suez Canal in Port Said, Egypt. However, Egypt around that time went bankrupt, and Bartholdi would later recycle his design to become the statue that we all know and love today.

Now that Napoleon has conquered Egypt as well as the ever growing hostilities between the Imperials and the RU, I can see this version of Lady Liberty being a reality in TTL:

Fantastic! I love this!

Less mad in some respects, madder in others. I can see Chuckie Oswald being a huge participant in the occult rites, while Joe Steele and Nixon would be a bit more level headed.

Exactly what I thought with Oswald. I can imagine him being like Reagan OTL and astrology. "Dammit, Dick! I have consulted the spirits and they say we nuke Rio! Don't f*** with the Chuck!" XD Also much like the stories about Himmler and all the weird goings on at Wewelsburg.

The whole idea for occult rituals came from the Native American inspired ones done by the Sons of Liberty in my Pay the Bonus TL. The collection of Indian artifacts by the Union is also a reference/cameo by PtB.

Also, I can only imagine this TLs version of Alex Jones. "THE UNION IS CONTROLLED BY A JEWISH FINANCIAL ELITE THAT PRACTICE LITERAL SATANISM. THEY EAT BABIES AND DO DRUGS AND THEY TURN THE THREE HEADED 30-POUND MAN-EATING RADIOACTIVE WASTELAND FROGS GAY."

EDIT: Just realized that the Union in this is pretty much a conspiracy theorist's view of the actual US government. lol Secret societies? Check. Jewish businessmen? Check. Insane rituals? Check. Total surveillance police state? Check. Mercilessly invade and destroy other countries under the guise of bringin' the freedom? Double check. Only thing missing is reptilians. lol

Last edited:
Exactly what I thought with Oswald. I can imagine him being like Reagan OTL and astrology. "Dammit, Dick! I have consulted the spirits and they say we nuke Rio! Don't f*** with the Chuck!" XD .
You do know,that wasnt how Reagan acted with Astrolgy, it was only Nancy who was into it and the only way it really affected him was that he allowed nancy to arrange schedules

Last edited:

Yes, I know it was Nancy, I was just being tongue-in-cheek. I meant I was picturing him consulting the spirit board every single time he had to make decisions and not scheduling or approving anything until he did so.

I feel like the afc so quickly embracing this just why though? there would be a long battle it makes much more sense for this to be tolerated and allowed then openly embrace this and cause and Aliante huge parts of regular afc people and none afc people this fade will definitely past I just don't see this working well. ALso people belief that this will surive for a extremely long time seems suspicious it will past and there will be a large backlash to this soon
I think this is more peopel just loving this cool awesome idea and not looking at whether this is possible

I feel like the afc so quickly embracing this just why though? there would be a long battle it makes much more sense for this to be tolerated and allowed then openly embrace this and cause and Aliante huge parts of regular afc people and none afc people this fade will definitely past I just don't see this working well. ALso people belief that this will surive for a extremely long time seems suspicious it will past and there will be a large backlash to this soon
I think this is more peopel just loving this cool awesome idea and not looking at whether this is possible

Well they found out Strong Abe and his wife practiced it, and they are faced with the idea that they either accept it or literally condemn a deceased Father of the Nation and his grieving widow to Hell for heresy. This world is pretttttyyy far removed from anything OTL at this point. The generations who lived in Pre-POD are dead and dust. People's minds are different. They've grown up snakehandling, spirit-slaying, tongue-talking, torch-burning, ancestor-revering, minority-hating, Catholic-beating, and have now lived through two massive wars with probably 1 1/2 million dead between the two of them, mostly civilians and not counting Cuba War, and they have seen some -shit-. These people are only about half the Union population. But if you can get them to believe in all that, actual Victorian spiritualism with an AFC flavor is honestly probably the most innocent and just weird of all these strange practices. This world doesn't even have evolutionary theory or germ theory yet. Religion is going back several centuries in its strength. Also, like I've said, there is a growing backlash inside the Union. And it may fall to a certain blond-haired titan of militarism to crush the dissent within the country and unite the glorious Union once and for all. ;)

It's also a very convenient vehicle for the Church to decide "new truth has been revealed!" And modify the church core ideas as they see fit and as times change.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see a pop culture update by the turn of the century as I imagine a lot of horror films coming out of the RU due to Spiritual Marxism's influence, with some of these movies establishing iconic film monsters equal to OTL's Dracula or Frankenstien.

Last edited:
Exactly what I thought with Oswald. I can imagine him being like Reagan OTL and astrology. "Dammit, Dick! I have consulted the spirits and they say we nuke Rio! Don't f*** with the Chuck!" XD Also much like the stories about Himmler and all the weird goings on at Wewelsburg.

The whole idea for occult rituals came from the Native American inspired ones done by the Sons of Liberty in my Pay the Bonus TL. The collection of Indian artifacts by the Union is also a reference/cameo by PtB.

Also, I can only imagine this TLs version of Alex Jones. "THE UNION IS CONTROLLED BY A JEWISH FINANCIAL ELITE THAT PRACTICE LITERAL SATANISM. THEY EAT BABIES AND DO DRUGS AND THEY TURN THE THREE HEADED 30-POUND MAN-EATING RADIOACTIVE WASTELAND FROGS GAY."

EDIT: Just realized that the Union in this is pretty much a conspiracy theorist's view of the actual US government. lol Secret societies? Check. Jewish businessmen? Check. Insane rituals? Check. Total surveillance police state? Check. Mercilessly invade and destroy other countries under the guise of bringin' the freedom? Double check. Only thing missing is reptilians. lol
wait, anti-Semitism happening in the AU? what happened?

Ah, I see you've met the Chancellor's new candidate for Director of the Office for Public Information! A truly perceptive Carolinian gentleman, with only the most Christian and patriotic of temperaments! He will surely educate our citizenry effectively! Hark the Sound!

And it may fall to a certain blond-haired titan of militarism to crush the dissent within the country and unite the glorious Union once and for all. ;)

I know this is mainly in reference to discord within the Union between AFC and non-AFC adherents, but I pray to all that is holy that this isn't also a subtle euphemism for Custer invading the Carolinas.