"What Madness Is This?" Redux: The Union Forever

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by Napoleon53, Sep 13, 2018.

1. DocBrown The Master of History

Seriously. Cut down on the amount of sh!t posts, memes, and other theory/random posts. It seriously runs the risk of this thread being shut down before the story is complete. There shouldn't be on average, 10 to 20 pages between updates.

LouisTheGreyFox, fionnex, HeX and 6 others like this.
  2. SargentHawk Nixon Now, More Than Ever

We could at the very least divert these types post into the expanded universe thread

3. dakkafex get a load of this pretentious fuck

Yeah, as much as discussion can be beneficial to an ongoing storyline, this is just decaying into yes-anding and one-upping each other as to who can be edgier. While it's not as bad yet as, say, Rumsfeldia's ratio of natter:content, I still don't really enjoy seeing an alert for this thread only to have to wade through 20 posts of 'LOLOL DIE INFEE' and 'wi Epstein was an RU children's TV presenter?'

LouisTheGreyFox, HeX, Simeon and 7 others like this.
  4. DocBrown The Master of History

SAME. I've kept my mouth shut for so long because I thought people would wise up when it approached 500 pages, but since that isn't the case...

Also, maybe some people could remove some of their posts from this thread to "take back" some page limit?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019 at 2:06 PM
  5. dakkafex get a load of this pretentious fuck

It's a technical thing, apparently super-long threads start to slow down the site, so once you hit that length the thread gets locked. It's not like anyone gets banned or anything, you just have to make a new thread and it can get cumbersome for narrative and TL threads to have to jump from one to the next, as things like tags and threadmarks don't carry over. If you hang around in Chat you'll notice that all the political discussion threads are serialized (American Politics is up to #142 by now) as they routinely hit the cap and reiterate into a new entry. Some very long-running story threads (An Age of Miracles, for example) got hit by this limit when it was introduced, and had to make a continuation thread, but it's not common as most story threads never get that far.

6. AmericanAdam Minecrafter

Thanks for saying it for me, lol

dakkafex and Murica1776 like this.
  7. Sunstone77 Well-Known Member

I'll admit that I'm a bit guilty of it too, but I've been throwing out random ideas for Napo to use since day 1. Also, it seems like many of the newer posters seem to be asking a lot of questions that have already been answered way back. I get that four hundred plus pages is a lot to read and that some stuff isn't threadmarked but Word of God from Napo, but still, it feels like some people aren't even reading then thread

8. Atomicpunk0 Well-Known Member

So... anyone up for an Ozwald and Marilyn Monroe power couple?

9. sampleswift Well-Known Member

I got rid of all my posts I could find with 1 or no likes.
    Speaking of Marilyn Monroe, what would a wmit or dark Multiverse version of her be and look like?

10. Napoleon53 Pinnacle Order of Monocled Sirs ಠ_ರೃ

Republican Union Space Force High Command
    That would be Mary-Jane Mundy from 1.0, still to appear in 2.0.

Since we're getting close to 500 pages, unless the mods say we're cool to go past that (which would be amazing considering the amount of reads this is getting and how much it hurts readership and continuity to break up a single timeline) I suppose we could have "MADNESS: THE PINNACLE FUTURE" or the likes as a separate thread. It likely would cover the aftermath of Manifest Climax and the rise of Oswald.

In other news thank you for bearing with me, guys. I promise I'm coming back. Lol Life has just been absolutely nuts with getting the hearse cleaned up and working 6 hours in a row in Pharmacy without breaks.

Proof of my life being insane and not just my writing below:

FB_IMG_1575688261847.jpg

11. MuricanTauri1776 Well-Known Member

If that happens, we'll just open up a second thread.

Born in the USSA and Ameroboto like this.
  12. MuricanTauri1776 Well-Known Member

We really need a FAQ sometimes...

13. sampleswift Well-Known Member

Would it be feasible to move all the Non-Napoleon posts prior to the most recent Napoleon update to another thread, called "Archived What Madness Is This 2.0 Postings? That could really trim the fat for this one. All those posts could be found there if anyone wanted to find them.

14. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

I vote Pinnacle Future, for Jehovah's sake we have the Better (!) part of a century (!!) left to go. Even if we kept ourselves to purely constructive comments and not hilarious Sunny memes we'd still hit 500 well before the end. Just put a link after the last Manifest Climax or whatever post, it's worked well enough for Thande.

*Edit- "What Madness is This?" Redux: The Union Forever, Part II: THE PINNACLE FUTURE*

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:45 PM
  15. Sunstone77 Well-Known Member

Calm down, DocBrown. Needing to set up a second thread isn't the worst thing in the world nor a death sentence for a timeline. Yes, it makes it harder to read through the whole thing and catch all the lore drops but it doesn't mean that the thread is dead in its tracks. Trying to police what people can write and post is more likely to kill a thread then memes. Engagement keeps a thread alive and helps spark discussion and ideas

16. Darth Fearg Sith Lord

What do you guys think is the closest OTL ideology to Beutelism?

17. halfcoop Well-Known Member

French Commune, so Blanquism or Neo-Jacobinism.

18. AeroTheZealousOne Closet Beutelist

This is living proof that Napoleon53 is one of the baddest sons of guns this side of the Mississippi. I don't know whether I want a cool car like that or not.

It was put this way by the great and powerful author:

I have a feeling that further citation might be needed for this one, and that halfcoop is probably closer to the truth in practice, being described as "anarchism but with a vanguard party and maybe a little egoism, but a lot of accelerationism". That said, I'm more likely to associate "Neo-Jacobinism" with the Loomies than the "Fifth-Way Anarchists" and what the hell am I doing trying to contradict or clarify canon? I have no clue.

19. Arthur Marston Well-Known Member

Take your time.:)

20. Roger Redux The Revisionist

The Mother of all ASBs (a.k.a. "The Real World")
    If you have to ask, you're not a bad enough dude to handle a car like that. :p