Seriously. Cut down on the amount of sh!t posts, memes, and other theory/random posts. It seriously runs the risk of this thread being shut down before the story is complete. There shouldn't be on average, 10 to 20 pages between updates.
Yeah, as much as discussion can be beneficial to an ongoing storyline, this is just decaying into yes-anding and one-upping each other as to who can be edgier. While it's not as bad yet as, say, Rumsfeldia's ratio of natter:content, I still don't really enjoy seeing an alert for this thread only to have to wade through 20 posts of 'LOLOL DIE INFEE' and 'wi Epstein was an RU children's TV presenter?'

Yeah, as much as discussion can be beneficial to an ongoing storyline, this is just decaying into yes-anding and one-upping each other as to who can be edgier. While it's not as bad yet as, say, Rumsfeldia's ratio of natter:content, I still don't really enjoy seeing an alert for this thread only to have to wade through 20 posts of 'LOLOL DIE INFEE' and 'wi Epstein was an RU children's TV presenter?'
SAME. I've kept my mouth shut for so long because I thought people would wise up when it approached 500 pages, but since that isn't the case...

We could at the very least divert these types post into the expanded universe thread
Also, maybe some people could remove some of their posts from this thread to "take back" some page limit?

Last edited:
I've been trying to cut back myself, although I do have some questions regarding the relative power of the various League Nations and whatnot. I know I can be a bad offender sometimes. I have to ask, what's the deal with the 500 page mark? I'm still relatively new, so I haven't encountered anything like that.
It's a technical thing, apparently super-long threads start to slow down the site, so once you hit that length the thread gets locked. It's not like anyone gets banned or anything, you just have to make a new thread and it can get cumbersome for narrative and TL threads to have to jump from one to the next, as things like tags and threadmarks don't carry over. If you hang around in Chat you'll notice that all the political discussion threads are serialized (American Politics is up to #142 by now) as they routinely hit the cap and reiterate into a new entry. Some very long-running story threads (An Age of Miracles, for example) got hit by this limit when it was introduced, and had to make a continuation thread, but it's not common as most story threads never get that far.

Thanks for saying it for me, lol

SAME. I've kept my mouth shut for so long because I thought people would wise up when it approached 500 pages, but since that isn't the case...

Also, maybe some people could remove some of their posts from this thread to "take back" some page limit?
I'll admit that I'm a bit guilty of it too, but I've been throwing out random ideas for Napo to use since day 1. Also, it seems like many of the newer posters seem to be asking a lot of questions that have already been answered way back. I get that four hundred plus pages is a lot to read and that some stuff isn't threadmarked but Word of God from Napo, but still, it feels like some people aren't even reading then thread

That would be Mary-Jane Mundy from 1.0, still to appear in 2.0.

Since we're getting close to 500 pages, unless the mods say we're cool to go past that (which would be amazing considering the amount of reads this is getting and how much it hurts readership and continuity to break up a single timeline) I suppose we could have "MADNESS: THE PINNACLE FUTURE" or the likes as a separate thread. It likely would cover the aftermath of Manifest Climax and the rise of Oswald.

In other news thank you for bearing with me, guys. I promise I'm coming back. Lol Life has just been absolutely nuts with getting the hearse cleaned up and working 6 hours in a row in Pharmacy without breaks.

Proof of my life being insane and not just my writing below:

FB_IMG_1575688261847.jpg

Seriously. Cut down on the amount of sh!t posts, memes, and other theory/random posts. It seriously runs the risk of this thread being shut down before the story is complete. There shouldn't be on average, 10 to 20 pages between updates.

If that happens, we'll just open up a second thread.

Would it be feasible to move all the Non-Napoleon posts prior to the most recent Napoleon update to another thread, called "Archived What Madness Is This 2.0 Postings? That could really trim the fat for this one. All those posts could be found there if anyone wanted to find them.

Would it be feasible to move all the Non-Napoleon posts prior to the most recent Napoleon update to another thread, called "Archived What Madness Is This 2.0 Postings? That could really trim the fat for this one. All those posts could be found there if anyone wanted to find them.
I vote Pinnacle Future, for Jehovah's sake we have the Better (!) part of a century (!!) left to go. Even if we kept ourselves to purely constructive comments and not hilarious Sunny memes we'd still hit 500 well before the end. Just put a link after the last Manifest Climax or whatever post, it's worked well enough for Thande.

*Edit- "What Madness is This?" Redux: The Union Forever, Part II: THE PINNACLE FUTURE*

Last edited:
Do you people not listen? There would no need for this thread to be split into two parts if you all would just stop posting every silly meme, random comment, and personal question you have. For example, sampleswift, instead of posting your question publicly, you could always send it to him privately.
Calm down, DocBrown. Needing to set up a second thread isn't the worst thing in the world nor a death sentence for a timeline. Yes, it makes it harder to read through the whole thing and catch all the lore drops but it doesn't mean that the thread is dead in its tracks. Trying to police what people can write and post is more likely to kill a thread then memes. Engagement keeps a thread alive and helps spark discussion and ideas

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor

View attachment 507257

This is living proof that Napoleon53 is one of the baddest sons of guns this side of the Mississippi. I don't know whether I want a cool car like that or not.

What do you guys think is the closest OTL ideology to Beutelism?
French Commune, so Blanquism or Neo-Jacobinism.

It was put this way by the great and powerful author:

Really, in the greatest irony of all, the closest thing I could find OTL to Beutelism is...

...Anarcho-Fascism.

Yup. The main opponent of tyranny and most famous free-thinker ITTL is, at least to a degree, a fascist.

I have a feeling that further citation might be needed for this one, and that halfcoop is probably closer to the truth in practice, being described as "anarchism but with a vanguard party and maybe a little egoism, but a lot of accelerationism". That said, I'm more likely to associate "Neo-Jacobinism" with the Loomies than the "Fifth-Way Anarchists" and what the hell am I doing trying to contradict or clarify canon? I have no clue.

That would be Mary-Jane Mundy from 1.0, still to appear in 2.0.

Since we're getting close to 500 pages, unless the mods say we're cool to go past that (which would be amazing considering the amount of reads this is getting and how much it hurts readership and continuity to break up a single timeline) I suppose we could have "MADNESS: THE PINNACLE FUTURE" or the likes as a separate thread. It likely would cover the aftermath of Manifest Climax and the rise of Oswald.

In other news thank you for bearing with me, guys. I promise I'm coming back. Lol Life has just been absolutely nuts with getting the hearse cleaned up and working 6 hours in a row in Pharmacy without breaks.

View attachment 507257
Whoa that's an awesome car....

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
If you have to ask, you're not a bad enough dude to handle a car like that. :p

That's why I drive a 1978 Zastava Koral. :p

(I actually don't nor do I own one. My parents and most automobile enthusiasts who don't hail from the Balkans would kill me faster than the car ever would if I got one of those.)

cigar.jpg

"The brutal lessons we learned in South America stand as a testimony to the fact that we do not do these things because they are easy, but because they are hard. Do not pray for easier lives, my fellow citizens. Pray to be... Stronger Men."

- Charles Oswald in his 1955 best-seller Pray to be Strong: Lessons Learned in Life and War

Just a teaser for a possible 'sequel' thread. The more I consider it, the more I think of it as an almost preferred outcome. 2.0 is GIRTHY, and is likely gonna clock in around 150 some odd chapters, and making the Oswald centric latter half of the 19th century, especially when this TL hits its true A E S T H E T I C of the "Pinnacle Future," a separate sequel thread makes a lot of sense. And let me be clear: I enjoy the memes and I love the discussion. Reader participation and meme culture is one of my favorite things about writing this TL. Sometimes it gets out of hand, but on the whole every commentator here participates in something bigger and I love whacky, humorous, or even downright stupid posts. Some great stuff has come out of them. lol

Honestly we could have:

WMIT: The Union Forever
WMIT: The Pinnacle Future
WMIT: Either a post-apoc or a NUSA in SPACEEEE depending on overall TL outcome. Perhaps "WMIT: Requiem" or "WMIT: The Eagle Dares"

And of course WMIT: The Star-Spangles Expanded Universe tying into all of three of the Trilogy parts.​