"What Madness Is This?" Redux: The Union Forever

Discussion in 'Alternate History Discussion: Before 1900' started by Napoleon53, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

At least they will go out in a way the IJA from OTL would be proud of.

Simeon, Napoleon53 and Time Enough like this.
  2. Time Enough Nightmare angel of the Tea Rooms

Nottingham (kind of, depends on the Season)
    I'm just imagining the Madero brothers and others defending the Mexican Government in Exile building with Machines Guns blasting as many RU Stormtroopers as they can whilst screaming the Mexican National Anthem.

Also I would hate to be a Mexican Chinese, twice you've had to flee because your being chased by a bunch of genocidal bastards. I'm just imaging the Mexican community in China and South America just going "Well at least we don't have to deal with that"

3. Ameroboto Deep State Bad Hombre

YET.

4. Diagram Well-Known Member

There is simply not going to be a 'France' or at least a relevant version thereof, after all is said and done, the Germans might tolerate an independent Spain or Italy but France is going to torn to ribbons.

All of this ironically enough gives the RU a rather interesting option if you consider that Huguenots are Betters, a revanchist and protestant France, greatly diminished though it may be can be very useful as a foothold on German dominated western Europe.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about how many fascists get gassed by the French before the latter get subjected to Tuetonic methods of colonial control? I find the preening about how nasty the Irish are for defending themselves against English genocidists to be an utterly revolting form of enlightened centrism.

"Well the English are trying to annihilate an entire ethnic group because they refused to be properly grateful for being enslaved under an apartheid state, but the Irish are using any method available to defend themselves so the conflict is a grey and grey affair".

In summary there are good people on both sides and Europe can't be levelled fast enough so that cowboys can joust one another under ivy choked bastions.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  5. StealthyMarat In the heavy thoughts. Gone Fishin'

WESTERN RHINEBUND FOR NORDREICH! FRENCH WOULD BE ONLY SPOKEN IN HELL!
    :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

6. StealthyMarat In the heavy thoughts. Gone Fishin'

Seems like German Empire on horizon?

7. Vuu Resident Serb expert

My prediction that Serbia wins! is turning out to be more true every moment

8. Time Enough Nightmare angel of the Tea Rooms

Nottingham (kind of, depends on the Season)
    Well the one's in China will likely be going "I hope we're taken over by the Dutch or Russians and not the Japanese", actually I find that a depressing option for all the Chinese in China;

Either be ruled by a mad and dangerous Tsar who likely has people randomly killed for disproving him, being ruled by a bunch of far away Dutch who only care about making a profit and which might kill you for not supporting there Imperialistic efforts or being ruled by the Japanese who would murder you because your Asian or throw you a ghetto for being Asian.

I bet most would prefer the Dutch, at least you can make money with them if you play your cards right.

9. Diagram Well-Known Member

That brings up an interesting question, what are the Prussians going to call such a polity? I'm not sure that Empire of Germany, (without Bismarck they are going to be anal enough to actually insist on putting the empire part first) is going to fly as Finland is till around.

I'm personally leaning towards something like 'Aryan Empire'. There would be the problem of a lack of build-up but I would contend that the domestic environment of the Nordreich would be filled with racial-mystic nonsense, especially with the RU as its role-model.

10. halfcoop Well-Known Member

I’m surprised that Turkey didn’t jump in the crusade.

11. halfcoop Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if Napoleon is playing with us and the super depressed general just can’t handle the situation and finallly decideds to end it, faking us out of a ‘second revolution’ senario

Simeon, Whiteshore, Wolttaire and 3 others like this.
  12. raffaele gaggioli Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that right now its entire foreign policy is to not piss off Victor in any way. Seriously the turkish population is probably still traumatised by the european invasion.

Simeon, Napoleon53 and Time Enough like this.
  13. Murica1776 Building an American Tomorrow

What glorious news to see this afternoon! Surely, this is proof that the expansion of Carolinian civilization is God's Will! Hark the Sound!

14. The Congressman Populist Liberty Conservative

Japan under insurrection? Poison in the waters? Portugal bailing? California falling? Persia launching it's invasion? Riots in Paris? In one fell swoop, Napoleon IV has destroyed the Empire his great-grandfather and grandfather have built. I hope Perrault overthrows him and puts the former Queen of Quebec Marie in charge of Europa

Afterwards, it would be awesome for a united front against Viktor between everyone

15. The Congressman Populist Liberty Conservative

Republics have a bad reputation ITTL, especially with the fact that the United States became the Republican Union and several slave states. I doubt they would throw aside the legacy of Napoleon I and Napoleon II, so I think Marie of Quebec and the former Prime Minister is the likely choice for Perrault and the other generals in a coup.

16. Thunderflash123 Member

Don't forget all of those French Islands in the Pacific. It's probably going to be a source of tension between the Dutch and the RU as to who gets them in the peace, so the RU will want to occupy them ASAP

17. Diagram Well-Known Member

I doubt even Bismarck could have achieved victory in a situation where due to incompetence, the combined manpower of all of Catholic Europe vanishes into a black hole in such a manner that Tsarist Russia manages to just roll over the Carpathians.

I'm surprised that it took as long as it did for Japan to start rebelling, the RU overthrew their God and all that.

So a coup where a loser and a crestfallen drunk replace the Caesar, now that will end brilliantly. I feel rather foolish for not seeing the collapse of Europa sooner, superiority in manpower, industry, infrastructure and scientific development counts for little when your warlord is this:

Compare that to memetic fascist badass #4. Can you image Viktor Junior hesitating at all to perform a curettement of disloyal relatives?

With Germans wanting living space and the RU always willing to kill some Slavs this will happen, yes.

18. HIM Dogson Rationally Royalist

Best case is a Bourbon Restoration you heathen

19. Born in the USSA Well-Known Member

After the Immolation of Mexico I'm sure the RU would never tolerate any Bourbon holding territory anywhere.

20. BigBlueBox Well-Known Member

Chemical bombs and artillery shells typically have a bursting charge. There’s also fuel on the ship and possibly conventional munitions.