What Is Your Ideal Size of the US?

NomadicSky

Banned
I like it with its original borders, maybe with Florida but stopping at the Mississippi. I like smaller countries, I think they look better on maps.

I don't understand the appeal of taking a big and powerful country and rewriting history so it's even more like

It's nationalist Wank/wanting to see 'their' country do better and expand/idealism and whatnot.

As for me, yes all of north America + the carribean.

By the way, Trondheim, can you explain how that pocket-sized US could possibly have come into existence? It confuses me.

Honestly, I can't think of a realistic way for a US like that to come into existence. I just created that map out of boredom, as a reaction to all the people who want bigger Americas. :eek:

EDIT: Toned it down a bit.
I love all of those states (or are they territories?) in northern Canada that probably have several thousand people at most. :D

Why does everyone want Baja California in the US? Frankly, it looks more terrible than the nice straightish border right now.

I'll actually prefer the United States having only the West Coast of the Americas. Maybe the rebels flee west over the Rockies and Eastern America is the constitutional monarchy with the Queen.

Or this:

liberia_map.jpg

The ideal United States is coextensive with the sidereal universe.

Failing that, OTL US + Canada (Quebec optional) + the relatively unpopulated parts of Northern Mexico + Australia + New Zealand + Great Britain + Ireland.

:)

Eurofed

Banned
Best case scenario: All the Americas and Oceania; southern Africa optional.

Middle case scenario: OTL USA, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America, and the Philippines; Colombia and Venezuela optional.

Minimally-acceptable case scenario: OTL USA, English-speaking Canada, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, Jamaica, northern Mexico, and the state(s) that host a transoceanic canal (optimally, both the Nicaragua Canal and the Panama Canal exist); French-speaking Quebec and Haiti optional.

Scenario so politically appealing to make it a different minimally-acceptable alternative: OTL USA minus the Deep South, Canada, a state that hosts a transoceanic canal; Philippines optional.

Last edited:
The lower 48, plus all of the Caribbean, Panama, Bermuda, + Hawaii. Canada can have Alaska and Greenland in addition to its current size.

Goldwater64

Banned
My super-U.S. would include...

The "Lower 48", Alaska and Canada make up the actual "United States of America".

Cuba, the Bahamas, Hawai'i, Jamaica, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Guam, the Virgin Islands, the Marianas Islands and Puerto Rico are "commonwealths" (Like P.R. currently is).

The smaller islands (American Samoa, Midway, etc.) remain unorganized incorporated territories, whereas Greenland is an organized incorporated territory (Much like Alaska pre-1959).

The Panama Canal zone also belongs to the U.S. and Mexico is a "protectorate".