What If Yamamoto Resigns from IJN Command, Effects and Aftermath?

Wasn't Yamamoto wounded in the Russo-Japanese War's Tsushima? If his injuries during Tsushima turned fatal or resulted in amputation, wouldn't this end Yamamoto's naval career in 1905 (Japan still wins Russo-Japanese War and WW1 despite the pod because Yamamoto wasn't that important nor high ranking to IJN command during those 2 wars)?

If the Japanese hit the Dutch and British only, the US fortifies the hell out of Guam, the PI, Wake, etc. And the kicker is the Japanese still wouldn’t have the logistics to get much if any closer to India and Australia. Darwin would still be the world’s largest self sustaining POW camp, and Ceylon might as well be the far side of the Moon.

The US Navy already started it’s massive buildup and the prospect of fighting the IJN alone will be enough impetus to continue the build up. Not being at war with Germany means the Army will get less resources, but those resources will certainly be passed on to the British and Australians.

Japan will still end up at war with the US, just a US with a larger fleet and massively more heavily defended possessions in the Western Pacific, to the point where the USN may actually have the time and fleet train to relieve the PI (I understand that wasn’t WP Orange-5, but things change according to capabilities).

Just my take, happy for a true expert to tell me I’m wrong :)
The Japanese will almost certainly be bulking up their fleet, too, following their capture of South-East Asia. Furthermore, without Midway and the Solomons, they will still be in possession of most of their expert pre-war aircrew. Any battle between the USN and IJN in the event of a late US entry will still result in an American victory, for sure, but probably a far costlier victory than what happened IOTL.

Been awhile...

"Yamamoto wounded...."

Yes, He was wounded at Tsushima, in fact, had he lost a third finger; he would have been out of the Navy due to Japanese Navy regulations about injuries and continued service [at the time, could've been a widely accepted practice when dealing with injured people seeking to be military careerists, its been a while since I've watched/read anything on that though so I might need to brush up..].

I'm sure there was a topic somewhere along the line about "What if Yamamoto lost that third finger?" Easy answer is he would be out of the Navy and fairly unknown to us as far as I can tell... The harder question to ask is "Who would be the Admiral leading the IJN to war in absence of Yamamoto?"

And that has several possible answers in other threads, but if you want to organize those possibilities, feel free to in a thread for that topic. I have a tendency to go from memory, and therefore am not very.... reliable in that respect.