What if the Soviet Union had not annexed Tannu Tuva?

What if the Soviet Union had not annexed Tannu Tuva in 1944, instead, keeping it a puppet state? Say, that, things remain the same until the end of the Cold War. Would Tannu Tuva have united with Mongolia?

Chinese nationalists of all stripes aren’t outraged at the Soviet Union annexing de-jure Chinese territory. This eventually leads to warmer Sino-Soviet relations when the Communists finally win the Civil War.

Because the USSR no longer feels the need to have a buffer between China and Siberia, both Tannu Tuva and Mongolia are annexed by China in the mid-fifties.

Chinese nationalists of all stripes aren’t outraged at the Soviet Union annexing de-jure Chinese territory. This eventually leads to warmer Sino-Soviet relations when the Communists finally win the Civil War.

Because the USSR no longer feels the need to have a buffer between China and Siberia, both Tannu Tuva and Mongolia are annexed by China in the mid-fifties.

I disagree. AFAIK, the Soviet Union always wanted a buffer between itself and China.

Either Tuva remains independent after the end of the Cold War, or it unifies with Mongolia.

At any rate, if Mongolia remains a Soviet puppet, Tuva certainly does, given that it is stuck between both.

Apparently the Soviets were going to give back some disputed islands on a river to China once, but it leaked out how Mao told foreign dignitaries that it wouldn't keep him from claiming more land. Possibly also mentioning Siberia. I am trying to find where I find that info before