What if the Knights Templar had taken control of the French Throne?

Oweno

Banned
They are making a Video Game about this although its very unrealistic. What do you think would happen?

Since what everyone seems to forget about the Knights Templar is that they were the first international bankers, perhaps we see a French national bank way way way ahead of anyone else.

Philip

Donor
Taking the French throne is a bit of a stretch, but I* could see them establishing their own state in southern France. I would envision something along the lines of the Teutonic Knights.

*Philip IV seems to have envisioned the same.

Glen

They are making a Video Game about this although its very unrealistic. What do you think would happen?

That's a cool idea, but yeah, I fear the programmer's ideas of what would be a timeline for this POD....

Glen

Since what everyone seems to forget about the Knights Templar is that they were the first international bankers, perhaps we see a French national bank way way way ahead of anyone else.

A very good point. It does make one wonder about how that would impact world history.

Glen

Taking the French throne is a bit of a stretch, but I* could see them establishing their own state in southern France. I would envision something along the lines of the Teutonic Knights.

*Philip IV seems to have envisioned the same.

We'd need to see if there were any Templars with a claim to the French throne if a few people were to be moved from the path.....

A Templar supported coup could put France in Templar hands....

The Templars didnt controlled already France?? Philippe IV was already heavily indebted to them... One of the reasons that he ordered the arrest of the templars was to get rid of the debts...

NapoleonXIV

Banned
The Templars didnt controlled already France?? Philippe IV was already heavily indebted to them... One of the reasons that he ordered the arrest of the templars was to get rid of the debts...

Actually, it's the only reason. I mean, yes, they probably were holding sexual orgies at which they spit on crosses and ate children but Philippe and them had been exchanging caterers for these until now:p