What if John of Gaunt and Constas of Castile had more daughters

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster, wife of Constans, the heir to the throne of Castile and Leon, had the following daughters?

Catherine (b. 1373-)

Mary (b. 1376-)

Joan (b. 1379-)

Margaret (b. 1382-)

What if John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster, wife of Constans, the heir to the throne of Castile and Leon, had the following daughters?

Catherine (b. 1373-)

Mary (b. 1376-)

Joan (b. 1379-)

Margaret (b. 1382-)

Catherine of Lancaster would still marry Juan of Castile if the Truce of Leulinghem still gets put into place, Mary, Joan and Margaret would marry English nobles.

Catherine of Lancaster would still marry Juan of Castile if the Truce of Leulinghem still gets put into place, Mary, Joan and Margaret would marry English nobles.
The second one might be married to Ferdinand just so John I could be double extra sure that his children had claims through the legitimate Ivrean line, but otherwise yeah, they'd go to locals in England.

The second one might be married to Ferdinand just so John I could be double extra sure that his children had claims through the legitimate Ivrean line, but otherwise yeah, they'd go to locals in England.

I doubt it, Catherine of Lancaster securing the Ivrean line would probably be enough, Ferdinand doesn't need to secure any Ivrean line because he inherited Aragon via his mother Eleanor, who was from the Barcelona branch.

I doubt it, Catherine of Lancaster securing the Ivrean line would probably be enough, Ferdinand doesn't need to secure any Ivrean line because he inherited Aragon via his mother Eleanor, who was from the Barcelona branch.
Ferdinand becoming king of Aragon was on literally no one's minds when the Treaty of Bayonne was negotiated in the 1380s. Henry was a sickly child. Best to have a back-up plan if it turns out he can't have kids when he grows up, or if Constance can't. Another Lancastrian princess is an insurance policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.