What if Basic research developed rapidly from 1910?

I am more concerned about the development of science. After reading the three-body novel, I understand the importance of basic research, so let’s make the opposite hypothesis of the stagnant basic research of the three-body novel: if basic research develops in a very fast way If so, what about history? What kind of new technology will be born? So what will be the situation in the world? Since 1910, you can post your own opinions, but it's better to express them with pictures, thank you (I am here for the first time, I am a little unfamiliar, I hope you can give me more advice)

Stop bumping yourself. It's against forum rules.

Also, OTL, there was a bunch of basic research after 1910. Are you familiar with the field of physics called "quantum mechanics"? Or IG Farben, Dow, and DuPont just sort screwing around trying to make fun new chemicals?

...And rockets in the modern model already existed, and the first working modern jet engine was in 1906. Advances after that were engineering, not basic research.

Could there have been more? Sure, there always can be more. But there was an awful lot.

Also, OTL, there was a bunch of basic research after 1910. Are you familiar with the field of physics called "quantum mechanics"? Or IG Farben, Dow, and DuPont just sort screwing around trying to make fun new chemicals?

...And rockets in the modern model already existed, and the first working modern jet engine was in 1906. Advances after that were engineering, not basic research.

Could there have been more? Sure, there always can be more. But there was an awful lot.
Ok

Just ask curiously.

I am more concerned about the development of science. After reading the three-body novel, I understand the importance of basic research, so let’s make the opposite hypothesis of the stagnant basic research of the three-body novel: if basic research develops in a very fast way If so, what about history? What kind of new technology will be born? So what will be the situation in the world? Since 1910, you can post your own opinions, but it's better to express them with pictures, thank you (I am here for the first time, I am a little unfamiliar, I hope you can give me more advice)
Maybe more deeper research into pre-existing technology. Like the war machines in Stephen Baxter's "Time Ships".
More steam-powered machines.

Or greater development in airships.

We might see earlier AIP tech in submarines since it was mostly a derivative of Stirling engines, which the concept had earlier existed.

Maybe more deeper research into pre-existing technology. Like the war machines in Stephen Baxter's "Time Ships".

We might see earlier AIP tech in submarines since it was mostly a derivative of Stirling engines, which the concept had earlier existed.
I like it, and what else?

I want to know more, such as civilian and military technology.

Nebogipfel

Monthly Donor
I am not entirely sure what your point is - basic research did proceed very fast, even after 1910 - probably as fast as reasonably possible given the circumstances (i.e. available funding). Nuclear physics, for example, was nothing but very, very basic research until the late 30s.

I am not entirely sure what your point is - basic research did proceed very fast, even after 1910 - probably as fast as reasonably possible given the circumstances (i.e. available funding). Nuclear physics, for example, was nothing but very, very basic research until the late 30s.
So what form of war will World War II be in this world?

If basic research increases at a 10% rate, then you would be about one month ahead by the end of 1910, and about a decade ahead by the end of 2010.
If basic research increases at a 20% rate, then you would be about two months ahead by the end of 1910, and about two decades ahead by the end of 2010.

How that would translate into hardware is very hard to say. Stuff like engineering and material science is practical research. There are other factors, like encountering real world tests, like wars, that invalidate commonly held ideas.

Research and development also do not happen in smooth curves. One breakthrough discovery can lead to an explosion of consequences. Certain events, like wars, accelerate applied science.

So you cannot quite say that, starting in 1910, a 20% increase in the rate of basic research translates into the RAF having Hawker Hunters in 1945, or NASA landing on the Moon in 1959.

marathag

Banned
First glance thought this would be for earlier research to get BASIC programming going from 1910.
Since vacuum tube Triodes and Diodes were all there by 1910, you can make NOR logic gates, all you need for a computer, and latching relays for RAM