What do you guys think of Alternate history Hub?

Is Alternatehistoryhub good?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
So I've been subscribed to Alternate history hub, but I wanted too know your opinions on him.

Now I like him in all, but he pisses me off how I give him $20 per month on Patreon and he doesn't use it, and god I can go on forever on why I don't like him, but i wanted too know what you all think of Cody.

How doesn't he use it?
IMO, his scenarios are alright for a YouTube video. They lack a bit of depth, but if they had the depth of this site, each video would be about 10 hours long. After condensing down, he does a good analysis of history to make good scenarios, mixed with amazing graphics.

Interesting scenarios, amazing visuals, a good length of videos. I don't know what more you can really ask of him. Plus I really like how he doesn't try to push too far down one timeline, instead acknowledging that there are butterflies and just following the general idea of the ATL without needless mention to specifics.

- BNC

How doesn't he use it?
IMO, his scenarios are alright for a YouTube video. They lack a bit of depth, but if they had the depth of this site, each video would be about 10 hours long. After condensing down, he does a good analysis of history to make good scenarios, mixed with amazing graphics.

Well, the problem is, he kinda ignores the BIG picture. His recent video of Mussolini's Neo-Roman empire had a few inaccuracies, but the bigger problem is because of the success of that video, he's going into 5-minute scenarios, but it's a problem because scratch the surface scenarios aren't too good. I feel like he's going the path of quanity>quality. Especially he basically never interacts with the community.

1. I am a big fan of AlternateHistoryHub. As a matter of fact, I personally have loved every and any video AHB posts he does a great job at focusing on the potential butterflies and effects of every What If? scenario. I also like KnowledgeHub too. Overall, I view AlternateHistoryHub as my go-to place for all things alternate history.

chankljp

Donor
Regardless of the quality of Cody's TL ideas, I am very grateful to him for making alternate history a lot more 'mainstream', and introducing the concept to a wider audience. So that whenever I tell people that I an into AH, instead of just staring at me or assume I am some kind of crazy conspiracy theorist who thinks aliens build the pyramids (Or something much more sinister...), they go, 'Oh, like that YouTube channel?'